Are these valid Gerber files for a Pass BOSOZ Power supply?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found some files using Wayback Machine that are supposed to be the Gerbers for the BOSOZ (Pass Balanced Line Stage), but I can't open them using any of the viewers I've found online.
The files in the sozpre.zip for the power supply (as an example) are:
PL45BR0.bot
PL45BR0.ncd
PL45BR0.rep
PL45BR0.smk

Total size of those 4 files is 7k.

Are these Gerber files?
How can I view/print what I need to diy a board from them?
I have the .jpg from the Pass article but it's quite lo-rez, so I'd like to find something a bit clearer if possible.

Help! :)

Attachments

• bosoz ps pcb Pass.JPG
    bosoz ps pcb Pass.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 399
Joined 2002
Paid Member

Attachments

• output.pdf
    111.7 KB · Views: 149
VictoriaGuy,
I used it to print the attached pdf.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Dennis

Thanks, Dennis.
The lines in your .pdf look sharper than the ones in the graphics from the Pass article.
I guess there is a separate file required to specify the holes in the pcb?
The power supply image I posted (from the Pass article) doesn't have the holes, but the amplifier pcb image from the same article did.

Scaling the image properly to fit the actual components is a bit tricky- it looks like your .pdf file has that right.
Please see attached.

Attachments

• amp pcb from pdf Dennis.JPG
    amp pcb from pdf Dennis.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 342
  • bosoz pcb Pass good to print.jpg
    bosoz pcb Pass good to print.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 335
When he wrote the article, Nelson Pass intended the Gerber files to be available to the diy community.

It's a pity that usable Gerbers or good image files don't seem to be actually available.

It looks like I will be able to use what I have now to make a couple of boards.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.