Sony vFET Illustrated build guide

Hi,

I am in the parts selection for a dual monoblocks build of this amp and I am using a CRC psu from prasi. This is the psu:

CRC Power Supply (Class A amplifier)

The current demanding per channel is 0,5a right? The psu has 4 cap spaces so im pointing for 33kuf each cap. 66kuf per rail. I think this is on the high side but want to know what you think.

This psu only has space for 2leg rectifiers to220 and 247. Would the mur860 do the trick?

What would you do if going to monoblocks?

Thank you

BR

The crc psu im using only has 2 caps per rail so I will have 66kuf per rail. In my f5 I have 4x15kuf per rail. You are going for 88kuf per rail. Maybe it's not a considerable difference.

im thinking of using the chassis from the F5 and adapt for a dual monoblocks. I have some iron covers and im going to duplicate the back panel from the hifi2000(modushop) to make the sides. The front plate will be some aluminum plate that I have around. This way, the heatsink will be on the back and the cables through the sides of the improvised back panels that fit the dissipante version of the hifi2000 4U chassis. What chassis are you looking at?