Sony vFET Illustrated build guide

These are not drilled holes. They are reamed to dimension. T Stock most likely is region dependant if original is required.

As always you want original there is only one with the tooling that was used in period to create.

Then the process of matching the color and texture of the anodizing.
I made my own from T stock from ONLINEMETALS.COM In Wallingford, CT
.25" thick.
I drilled the holes using the circuit board as my template and used a countersink bit to chamfer the holes to make sure no burrs were around the holes. Pretty straight forward metal working.
You absolutely do not need to anodize the aluminum black. It is inside the chassis. The idea is to conduct the heat into the heatsink. You don't want it to radiate inside the chassis, it's hot enough inside. Black color radiates much more than the aluminum color does.
I also sanded all areas of contact with the heatsink and the transistors with a long straight flat sanding block.

Hope this helps.

Rush

Attachments

• IMG_6153.jpg
    IMG_6153.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: 3 users
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Black color radiates much more than the aluminum color does.
Rush, I'm only considering and mentioning originality. As that mis-used word and condition constantely comes up. How far does one take it. You can't say it is original unless made by the builder in period. If you or I build it, it's not original. Can you restore to original spec? Yes.

Since I could not get the Modushop brackets as the pair I bought was the last and needing 2 pair this VFET is not original and will be built considering that problem.

I'm not even using a T bracket to mount. :eek:

They won't even be painted or anodized any color. :(

Reactions: 1 user