are these fakes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bought sj74GR, k117GR, SA970GR, SC2240GR
what do you think are they fakes

Attachments

• F J74 GR.jpg
    F J74 GR.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 538
  • TCSA970 2240.jpg
    TCSA970 2240.jpg
    619.3 KB · Views: 540
  • K117GR.jpg
    K117GR.jpg
    570 KB · Views: 549

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Only looking at the photos provided, the K117 looks perhaps genuine, the J74 looks fake. The text looks wrong on the J74, good on the K117. I could be wrong. But I've never seen plastic flashing on the metal legs of a Toshiba.

Measure Idss of the J74, what do you get?

transistor_matching_jfet_idss.png

Last edited:
Judging by pictures is unreluable. Toshiba had production batches that differ visually.
Good way to check them vould be:
- Measure Idss and note it for every JFET
- Measure Id and Vgs of every JFET with 10R source degenereation and note it
- Compare the measured data with transfer curve given in datasheet

Last edited:
I have seen countless genuine Toshibas , both J-Fets and BJT from any vintage and all have the same case and leads shape and dimensions, and all have wide center line at the top, there is no exception.
My local electronic parts store sells fake 2sk170BL similar to first picture.I bought five pieces, measured Idss and vp according to Erno Borbely jig schematic, and they are probably repacked J112 or similar. Vp is three times higher than genuine samples. I returned them and got money back, and gave them an advice not to sell fake transistors. They told me that they had received them as genuine Toshiba from Holland distributor.It is much more difficult with ultra low noise Japanese BJT on E-Bay. Do not waste your money.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.