Pictures of a >>GENUINE<< Lovoltech LU1014D Wanted!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
If you look carefully at Deep Surplus website, the remaining quantity is dwindling - epecially the low Vgs values. I would order a bunch of stuff left to keep for future projects if you want matched units with original (non-exteneded) pins.

No need to relabel - they're real, just used, and needed to extend the legs to be solderable.
I agree they are probably real as the low level of interest doesn't warrant fakes like NP mentioned. Mine sound really nice anyhow.

I tried to order from Deep Surplus, but they're out.

So I've placed an order from China instead. I noted that many of the sellers are showing pictures of ones with a diode symbol on the front. Not sure what those are, but the ones I ordered look like xrk971's.

I see plenty of LU1014 in stock at Deep Surplus:

LU1014

Also, xrk ordered his LU's from China as well, so I wouldn't take the fact that yours look his as proof that they are genuine. Of course, they are a rather obscure part, so are probably not as high on the list of parts to counterfeit. So, the parts may well be genuine.

Hi Nelson,

I tried to contact you via PM regarding the LU1014s, but no worky (not sure if you have PMs off, or if it's just that I'm not a "full user" yet).

Anyway, if you could contact me at jeff (at) rokeby (dot) ie when you get an opportunity, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Why don't you guys just use the LME49600 if you want a headphone amp? Much easier and much better.

Like JeffYoung said, he is looking to build a power amp for speakers, not headphones. Aside from that, many of us here in the Pass Labs forums believe simpler circuits sound better - even more so with headphones where the power requirements are so low. Integrated circuits like the LME are anything but simple. An amp using that chip likely measures better than the things we build and may sound pretty good. But, measurements aren't everything, and better sound can often be had using a few discrete parts in a simple circuit. At least for me, an amp using a chip just isn't my cup of tea.

LU1014 SRPP

IF lots of 2nd harmonics, input and output coupling caps, .... means good sound, then maybe something like this to try ??

(Not my circuit.) ;)

Patrick

Attachments

• CN LU1014 SRPP.jpg
    CN LU1014 SRPP.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 581
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Since there is such interest after all these years, I am posting some pdf
documents that you will find useful.

The LU1014D you probably have already, as well as the F3 owner's manual
which is also found at FIRST WATT - in particular, the performance curves
of a production unit.

The full schematic of an F3 channel you might not have, so here it is also.

Not previously seen is the measurement information for selecting the Jfets
and the data on a sampling of the actual parts tested for this amplifier,
along with the calibration curve for minimum distortion via choice of R5
against the Vgs results of the selection test.

Attachments

• LU1014D.pdf
    601.7 KB · Views: 254
  • F3 SCH.pdf
    87.3 KB · Views: 321
  • F3 JFET SELECTION.pdf
    47.2 KB · Views: 308
  • f3 om.pdf
    459.5 KB · Views: 286