Pass SLOB Build Discussion

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
make fun of 2 picoDumbs

(you're obviously noob around here , not customized on residents in Papaland , most of them wakoos)

Attachments

• smesna.gif
    smesna.gif
    16 KB · Views: 1,500
Hi Guys,

Boards are assembled and fullrange fitted in.
Waiting the Faital and crossover.

I made some slight change in order tho got them cut from one sheet....

Well fullrange on their own in OB works great (lack of bass only). Soundstage seems better as dynamics seems.

Thanks for your help...

Hi Guys,

Boards are assembled and fullrange fitted in.
Waiting the Faital and crossover.

I made some slight change in order tho got them cut from one sheet....

Well fullrange on their own in OB works great (lack of bass only). Soundstage seems better as dynamics seems.

Thanks for your help...

Great work mate.
It will sound really nice once those bass woofers go in.

Yeah, as long as they are crossed at the same frequency eg 80Hz low pass. I got good results running the High Pass filter one octave higher eg 160Hz in terms of frequency response measurements. This is what Papa also did on one of his Open Baffles.
I am running a 10" full range and 2 x 15" with my B5.

You can get pretty creative though if you also consider reading the F4 article.
I had a plan to possibly remove b5 out of chain and use crossover networks in front of F4 to drive bass woofers and something nice driving the F4 and top full range driver together eg F3, or Mu Follower etc. Haven't got around to doing it though.
B5 does the job already and there are so many other projects to keep me busy.

I hope you enjoy OB as much as I do.
Always excited to hear other people's first experience with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Mine is 2 x 15" mounted vertically. I will look for photo.
I hope to try the down firing slot loaded woofer combined with a vertically mounted woofer.
This was what I intended to exhibit at BAF 2015 (last year not this year) with drivers I intended to donate to Papa, but was too late.
Papa already had enough on his plate and I couldn't make it there to do it myself (family commitments).

Reactions: 1 user