move your butt

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 552
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
This (but my implementation is expensive, max gain of +7dB): Poseidon's Voice Lazarus

This...with stupendously good measurements, and a default gain of +6dB: Differential Preamp 8×2 – Neurochrome :: Audio

This...if no gain is required: LDR3.V2K Passive Preamp Kit | Tortuga Audio

This...if you love DHT tubes and just a little gain:K&K Audio | Single-Ended Line Stage Preamps

Best,
Anand.

regarding Lazarus
did you made it balanced as twice SE , or you made it properly differential ?

This (but my implementation is expensive, max gain of +7dB): Poseidon's Voice Lazarus

This...with stupendously good measurements, and a default gain of +6dB: Differential Preamp 8×2 – Neurochrome :: Audio

This...if no gain is required: LDR3.V2K Passive Preamp Kit | Tortuga Audio

This...if you love DHT tubes and just a little gain:K&K Audio | Single-Ended Line Stage Preamps

Best,
Anand.

Tanks for your input but i dont see anything simple here, no matter what it cost .....

i am gonna ride BOZ -J ;)

@ Zen Mod "Iron Pre SE" ?? , any detail , i am not one off those engineers , lol ;-)

Last edited:
I run the IS 5021 like any other DAC , all the fonction are off , and it works great ( with some nice mods , caps output ,power supply , etc ..)

Op-amp's and potentiometers are nodes to upgrade

http://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_diy_opamp.pdf

Carbon track resistive potentiometers who ruins music quality in many best pre-amplifiers.
" Potentiometer Sound " can be amplified but without sonic miracle.
How change just to precision wire wound potentiometer can bring
for reasonable cost some satisfaction and yeah the other
alternative interesting solutions mentioned in this thread above ?

Good luck in your new preamp build :cheers:

I know , but in this case the volume is on the digital side ,it has virtualy no effect on the sound , on the analog side of the pre-amp i will put some nice stepped attenuator .

i am not here to re-create the universe , just upgrading my stuff , step by step ;-)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member