Anyone on this board in the Puget Sound area?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a nearly completed Aleph J that I just can't make work right. One channel smokes resistors and neither will measure appropriately. I've gone through the parts, measured and re-measured, and now find that while I can get the pots to measure right before I install them, once in the board, R27 measures about 1 ohm, no matter what I do, while R7 hovers around 50. While people online have offered helpful advice, I'm just not getting it. Yet I suspect some grizzled veteran could look at my boards and see just what I've done wrong. I'm not a complete newb; this is my fourth project and the others have all worked just fine, and continue to sound great. So I'm frustrated and puzzled and thinking about parting it out for sale. But I thought I'd reach out to the community once more before I do that.
Thanks in advance.
Larry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.