Aleph p 1.7 questions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I want to start working on P 1.7 preamp, but I have few questions for which I didn't found an answers. First, did Nelson used stepped attenuator? If not, can I use stepped attenuator for a volume control. If yes, which one? I'm trying to find an "ultimate" attenuator, but I'm not shure what to look for. Which resistors in attenuator?
Second, what about micro controller Phillips 87c752? It has been discontinued. Which one I can use instead? I don't know anything about micro controllers.
Last question. Is it possible to make it sound better than the original? I just want tons of transparency and musicality.
It is going to be connected to my almost done Aleph 5.
Thanks

volume...

look at this page... it is a copy of the original volumecontrol. The only difference is the number of steps and the function of the volume control. This one has more steps (256), where the original only used some of the 256 steps (i can't remember how many). I'm going to use this one i think... i'm also doing a aleph p1.7 with kristjians(?) (http://web.vip.hr/pcb-design.vip/) boards... good luck...

kongen:devilr:

The site linked in #5 is mine, and the circuit is the cheap diy version , whereas the apox is a luxorious kit version http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12186&highlight=. The precision of the relais volume circuits depends only on the resistors you choose. I would not choose a microcontroller for such a project depending on what the template for what i´m building used, but choose a MC thats easy to obtain, cheap and programmers easy avaiable.

For the PIC a remote control is easy to implement, as RC5 code for reciving signals from an Philips remote controll is allready to be found in the net.

One day i´ll find the time to implemet a remote funktion for the circuit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.