What's wrong with the kiss, boy?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
higher Idss is OK , just keep an eye od dissipation (say no more than 150mW per JFet, more is making me nervous...if needed ,just increase resistance of source trimpot,, meaning - use first bigger value )

pot value - that's relevant to sources you have in front of pot - more cojones,lower pot value

so ,10Klog to 100K log

Joined 2002
Paid Member

Attachments

• IMG_20190826_051147_small.jpg
    IMG_20190826_051147_small.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 358
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
oh , btw.......

there is ongoing e-mail correspondence between Flying Jim (6L6) and Patrick A. (sorry, ZM didn't catch Patrick's Nick) and Mighty ZM ..... you can easily grasp how easily ZM is confused with e-mails flying between 3 of us ....... :rofl:

anyway , topic is final development of Iron Pre preamps ( both SE and non-SE) , mostly related to brushing up nomenclature , enabling all bells and whistles,helping with BOMs and preparing of Build Guide , enclosure(s) etc.

my part is finished (sch and pcbs) , so I'll post just teasers -- how final pcbs are going to look

hope I'm not stepping here on their toes ...... :)

edit: Diyaudio gave me so much during all these years , this is just a smidgen , me trying to give something back

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well, ''Pre'' in title is somewhat hinting that ....... :)

but , anyway , that's line preamp stage , where you have selector (5inputs) followed with resistive attenuator (volumepot) , then followed by buffer (with reg. psu ) and finally autoformer at output ..... everything on board ;

SE iteration - both channels on one pcb , 3 different brands of autoformers applicable, settable gain 6db or 12db

Bal iteration - one channel- one pcb , 3 different brands of autoformers applicable, gain fixed 6db , arbitrary number of (fixed) SE inputs , rest to 5- Bal inputs, both SE and Bal outputs (active in same time) ; so , functioning as SE in/Bal out and Bal in /SE out converter , and normally as Bal in/Bal out stage

if I forgot something ........ just shoot

Last edited: