What's wrong with the kiss, boy?

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Degas created 100's of versions of ballerinas all beautiful and unique in their own space... Some have their favorites, but is any "better"?

Audio engineering is its own art and science combination, IMHO. Creating something "faithful" to the signal, but perhaps with different techniques that are each artist's signature. All artists take inspiration from others and all have their own style. Some have some unique techniques signature to them.

I just sit in awe and love "painting by numbers" to create some marvelous reproductions. :rofl:

It's like in primary school when the instructor would ask "What do you think the artist was trying to convey when they...?" We have access to the artists to ask. :D

Babel J2 was warming over night. Time to listen to some BA-3 then swap.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
next time I'm visiting States, strictly Coastline of Ca, and I plan to get lost in Da Ark

I heard that Warehouse 13 is inside of it :clown:

Attachments

• Papa's-Ark.jpg
    Papa's-Ark.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 272
Joined 2019
Paid Member
Probably. Minnesota is almost as cold as Canada. :)

Usually, in parts. :D I think I'm further North than you.

Basement usually stays below 22C.

Babel J2 and Iron Pre Bal are fantastic together. Different versions of awesome between BA-3 and Babel J2. Personally, I find the Babel J2 a tad "warmer", but again - everyone's mileage may vary. Also, I haven't played with P3 on the BA-3 since I set it up. Right now, it's just dead center.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Cinemags got shipped, then accidentally returned to California. They started the journey the second time yesterday. Hopefully I have them early next week. I want to fire up the 5 iron.

Attachments

• 8F8168A7-2D4C-41A7-A05F-F7516D6B20CC.jpeg
    8F8168A7-2D4C-41A7-A05F-F7516D6B20CC.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 292
  • D7103D36-532A-4A3D-9F8A-32DC2DCE9279.jpeg
    D7103D36-532A-4A3D-9F8A-32DC2DCE9279.jpeg
    352.4 KB · Views: 288
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Is the arrival of the Iron Pre in the store have an approximate time line yet, or still being worked out? Guess I could go ahead and order quad of Cinemag.

Speaking of Cinemag, it seems like I remember in some thread gentleman at Cinemag recommending the low iron version?

Also a couple sets of matched Toshiba Jfets from Punkydawgs. I have a stash of them (Toshiba) but as long as they are available (and more importantly, when spare play cash allows) I obtain a new set for new builds. I have enough for planned projects, but they do keep coming! (Thank goodness and thank you Mr Pass....)

I'm sure kit won't have J fets included (?) but possibly cinemags? if Iron will be in kit I could hold off for now. Guess it wouldnt hurt to have spare Cinemag in stash.

Balanced Iron Pre kits soon I hope.

Russellc