Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

What's wrong with the kiss,boy ?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th March 2019, 11:29 PM   #531
Russellc is offline Russellc  United States
diyAudio Member

Good heavens, wait till box comes...leads are longer even than 6L6 shows, wanted enough length to use it box and cut down....not tidy and way not short!

Seems to be a little difficulty with chassis order, accidentally got 2U, cancelled that to get 3U, email confusion resulted it both being canceled. waiting for email to make sure I dont get 2 of them....

Russellc
Old 15th March 2019, 02:02 AM   #532
chromenuts is offline chromenuts  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Mod View Post
just quick question for ya Greedy Boyz (having just me legz sticking out of Iron Pumpkin wires)...

if in doubt - measure...

chrome - measure DC offset behavior of your DCB - power up , cold , hot .... power down...
(Kicks floor sheepishly and shrugs) Yeah, I was gonna do that...as soon as I put the pieces back in that Iíve been playing with and changing to crank up the current. (Wanders off daydreaming about how much trouble heíll get himself into when he gets his hands on that Iron Pumpkin.)
Old 17th March 2019, 04:17 AM   #533
chromenuts is offline chromenuts  United States
diyAudio Member

Spent some time yesterday and today making changes to my DCB1 as I could.

I pulled the 220 Ohm series resistors on the outputs and replaced them with jumpers in preparation for the Jensens.

I also decided to change out the current setting resistors I originally installed in the DCB1 to try running it a little hotter.

Afterward, I tested the DC offset several times over during start up, shut down, during warm up and after it had idled for over an hour. The worst offset I saw was -2mV while completely hot on one channel and a similar 2mV jump during several consecutive power cycles.

Iím not sure Iím where I want to be with the current as it only seems to be burning at about 300mA. I may try it as is before turning the heat up again.

In the mean time, I roughed out a perf board with stand offs to tuck in the chassis by the outputs and started mounting and wiring up the JT-123-FLPH along with some bits for a safe ground I want to install.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FC5AE855-EBB3-459A-9DE4-6CCE106CF66F.jpg (432.9 KB, 85 views)
Old 17th March 2019, 09:03 AM   #534
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

2mV is safe (more than) for autoformer

regarding burned heat in reg - once when you pass double Iq figure (Iq of stage fed with PSU) , if reg is made properly - everything above that is nothing else than ...... heat

example - Good Gemini is programmed for 60mA in case of Iron Pumpkin SE (20ma Iq) and 100mA for Iron Pumpkin (2 x 20mA Iq)

What's wrong with the kiss,boy ?Hide this!Advertise here!