What's wrong with the kiss, boy?

#215 - trambolinity

also , I mentioned Dave's critters several times in thread

I was bringing this up to others, that these are available, especially those over here. I know you know Dave's work. Wasn't taking you to task!

I have seen this word of yours TRAMBOLINITY and have no idea what it means! IS it about using a pot with the IRON PRE scheme? In case there was a misunderstanding, I am not using any potentiometers for my signal.

CAN'T WAIT for the DB board! So these will be available from you and not DIYaudio? I know you say after the New Year but any idea how far into the New Year?

I have made mention of this project over at TIR NA. I would think they would find this interesting.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I was just underlining your words , about adequacy of Dave's iron (nickel !?! :rofl: )

trambolinity ....... nothing else than ZM's quickie word for versatility of construction/approach ...... after all , trampoline is pretty flexible thing :rofl:

yup - DB pcbs with or without my AVC will be available from me , hopefully sooner than later ....... meaning - not much in NY

again - all schematics will be open source , as always

Dear ZM,

Please put my name on two of the first batch.

You are planning on having many more steps in your AVC than Dave's - not that I feel the need for any more than I have with his.

Will your "iron" be set or adjustable like Dave's?

I found there is something to be had with being able to adjust the inductance. My system sounds best with the simple butt joint but many others have found better sound with much higher inductance.

I think this might be a key to universal AVC happiness. I think I remember you mentioning amorphous which I figure means ONE PIECE and not layers. If this is the case what will the inductance of your AVC most likely be? I guess we can still use spacers to adjust the gap if it is "solid".

Please forgive my curiosity about the AVC and my forwardness with wanting those boards as soon as you have them available.

Take care,

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
24 steps is a plan , with several presets for step up gain (say 2,4,6,8db)

even if inductivity (say that I'm planning something in vicinity of 20H) isn't that critical when driving it in controlled manner ( buffer) , it would be adjustable - same as with any C core - put as many cigarette paper spacers as you wish ...... or unroll your cigar , if you want zero inductance :clown:

I believe Papaland is cozier place , but OK

No comparison.

You don't have to deal with the scolding of the "engineers" here.

Purveyors of "I haven't tried it AND have no intention of ever trying it but I know it does not work. It was not in my University textbooks so it cannot possibly be worthy of inquiry".

When lawyers leave school they know their schooling has just begun but these folks left school knowing EVERYTHING there is to know and all that will ever be known. Incredible isn't it?

I know you are right.

But that does not absolve them.

I think what annoys me the most are those that must have an unnatural compulsion to post on threads they have ABSOLUTELY no interest in. They have never used the product in question (if there is a product involved), probably have never even heard of it yet give the same canned answer that seems to show up in every one of their earlier and just as "useful" responses.

It comes across as a crusading do-gooder mentality than any genuine desire to be helpful

Though I have two good lawyering friends whose conversation I enjoy I would rather have a beer with an engineer of any stripe than the typical lawyer so they win that one without any competition.

I wish they would take a few cues from a certain fellow with a fertile mind and a generous spirit ...

It is funny how I cannot remember the infamous ones leaving tracks here.