50w Single-Ended BAF2015 Schade Enabled

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm not saying that you're wrong with your stance about MPC - you like it, your reason, your satisfaction ..... who can argue with that

I'm just saying that Accuphase is boring :clown:

regarding my stance about zillion MOX in Mu - why not - it looks shinier

I'm just thinking that V2. must have at least 5 green LEDs , to increase Shinyness

and yes, I must dig my stash of 0.1u VitaminQ, to put at least one in parallel with 10mF/1uF

:)

question 1 : 1W8 in one 3W or 5W MPC, or 5pcs of 3W MOX ?
question 2 : what's tolerance of 1 MPC, vs. 5pcs of MOX ?
question 3 : rather pushing 3A through tiny legs of one MPC, or 4 or 5times more MOX legs?
question 4 : rather pushing 3A through one pcb pad, or 4 or 5pcb pads, when you have choice?
question 4 : ever saw MPC inside, after 10yrs of work in mild class B conditions, with certain 20 occasions of amp abuse? ?

go figure

I like legends, I'm all living in legends, but sometimes 20+ years of electronic service work is screaming to me : "that's bulldrek!!"

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm not disputing your choices - do what you want to do, but don't call engineering reasons for backup when they are not backing you up

again, do what you want to do, but Accuphase reference can be only a joke ; gloriously made amps in particular context (market, price range,power range, competition range, product format) , but their Verity of sound can hardly compete with anything of worth, you already made in your home and connected to your fullrangers and/or horns

I can give you engineering reasons for that, but this time rather not

question 1 : 1W8 in one 3W or 5W MPC, or 5pcs of 3W MOX ?
question 2 : what's tolerance of 1 MPC, vs. 5pcs of MOX ?
question 3 : rather pushing 3A through tiny legs of one MPC, or 4 or 5times more MOX legs?
question 4 : rather pushing 3A through one pcb pad, or 4 or 5pcb pads, when you have choice?
question 4 : ever saw MPC inside, after 10yrs of work in mild class B conditions, with certain 20 occasions of amp abuse? ?

go figure

I like legends, I'm all living in legends, but sometimes 20+ years of electronic service work is screaming to me : "that's bulldrek!!"

Answer 1 : I do use minimum number resitors with adequate power dissipation better 1 or 2 less noisy
than 5 pcs. metal oxides in audio path.

Answer 2 : MPC74 are in tolerance the same like 5% MOXide ,
with Kelvin 4 wires resistance test they are equaly in specification with 1% Caddock values.
Metal plate inside is easy to get cut with lot of precision.
They mesure much better then show in datasheet.

Answer 3 : You can do it with two thick legs, Papa CCS original schematic.
Look at the photo MPC74 are not thiny..

Answer 4 : for very high current I do rather use resistor model out of the pcb board pads the one with small aluminium heatsink.

Answer 5 : non

Mighty Zen Mod is a legend :D

Attachments

• 9DE974E7-7724-4181-BE38-7C785C61BAEC.JPG
    9DE974E7-7724-4181-BE38-7C785C61BAEC.JPG
    271.5 KB · Views: 198
  • B5786D85-EE39-4DF3-8E5A-1AC652B7B23E.JPG
    B5786D85-EE39-4DF3-8E5A-1AC652B7B23E.JPG
    382.1 KB · Views: 203
I'm not saying that you're wrong.. regarding my stance about zillion MOX in Mu - why not - it looks shinier
Sorry Zen Mod it's me I am totally wrong , I was thinking about output audio signal quality,
but if they aestetic's looks shinier....a game changer....
then Accuphase engineers and other circuit designers needs learn from Mighty Zen Mod
how to build better amplifiers with proper CCS aesthetics
and your argument " why not " is so audio technically advanced....
beyond understanding capability of non Genius common mortal :clown:

Attachments

• 8A6700A7-89F5-4DC9-AF28-D6218F98DDCE.JPG
    8A6700A7-89F5-4DC9-AF28-D6218F98DDCE.JPG
    558.5 KB · Views: 363
Joined 2002
Paid Member
just tie those 18 and 12V, common tap is to connect to main GND

after rect. and smoothing you'll get unequal rails, but no problem for regs, current is tiny anyway

sole TL431 regs, for buffer rails - not to my liking, not enough current capacity there

use LM317/337 , don't forget to shunt their outputs with additional 15mA , buffer itself is small burden

Too simple a circuit for my buffers?

attachment.php

Attachments

• LM317337Picjpeg.jpg
    LM317337Picjpeg.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 346