50w Single-Ended BAF2015 Schade Enabled

Cat Skin Mk III

I have taken Generg's idea of biasing up the bottom mosfet using voltage taken from the drain of bottom mosfet, and taken it one step further and added a modulated regulated supply.
R12 is a 5k trimpot which turns on bottom mosfet.

Just throwing out ideas here. Quite a few different ways to do this.

I have a stack of bipolar transistors that will never be used in an amp circuit so I'm probably going to use them to make a regulated supply.

Cat%20Skin%20Mk%20III.png

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I have taken Generg's idea of biasing up the bottom mosfet using voltage taken from the drain of bottom mosfet, and taken it one step further and added a modulated regulated supply.
R12 is a 5k trimpot which turns on bottom mosfet.

Just throwing out ideas here. Quite a few different ways to do this.

I have a stack of bipolar transistors that will never be used in an amp circuit so I'm probably going to use them to make a regulated supply.

Cat%20Skin%20Mk%20III.png

Hi Pico,

I would not bias the bottom MOSFET in this way with these parts having such a great transconductance.
I did it only to show how smallest Vgs changes have big effects.
The only thing I would trust is Zen Mods servo solution!
He was so friendly to develop it for me, but I am afraid It will be autumn since I start the BAF2025 amp.

Hello Brother
Yes I understand the issues with the devices, I've had a chance to play with them, however I'm starting to think your original idea may actually work, since the more the bottom mosfet turns on the lower the voltage at the drain becomes which in turn lowers Vgs which stops it running away.
It has some level of self biasing.
Subconciously you were a genius you just didn't know it yet.
:D

Anyway I will test it out point to point first.

Last edited: