Official M2 schematic

Mine is up and running! The Teas boards are very nice to solder and also look very cool...
I have a little problem whit hum on both channels, it looks like a ground loop. Mine is dual mono every side has its on CL-60 from PSU GND to common earth on one point. So maybe I did something wrong whit wiring or the input autoformer is picking up something....Maybe someone did experience the same...

lowfreqsgnal.JPG

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Mine is up and running! The Teas boards are very nice to solder and also look very cool...
I have a little problem whit hum on both channels, it looks like a ground loop. Mine is dual mono every side has its on CL-60 from PSU GND to common earth on one point. So maybe I did something wrong whit wiring or the input autoformer is picking up something....Maybe someone did experience the same...

View attachment 540503

I would wire each speaker ground and all signal grounds if needed to one single ground point on a place before the CL60's attach to Chassis.
So IMO, only the v+ and - are seperated per se, but the signals return to a central point, at least for troubleshooting purposes.
my argument may be flawed technically, but I am a troubleshooter by profession. Logic isn't always a good variable to follow.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
can you show pictures of your layout, please?

Here is a reference with Cantilopes setup. I cant speak for him, but clearly the for me the instructions I gave above were not followed, and he does not speak of hum.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...1&d=1459177769

I used shielded input cabling to resolve my hum, just a signal wire and a shield that acts as ground. This can be determined if moving the signal wire increases of decreases hum.

View attachment 540503

I don't believe that you did anything technically wrong
You just need a better more comprehensive earth

I had similar hum issues on my F6 and a better earth as teabag has outlined fixed it

FR

I would wire each speaker ground and all signal grounds if needed to one single ground point on a place before the CL60's attach to Chassis.
So IMO, only the v+ and - are seperated per se, but the signals return to a central point, at least for troubleshooting purposes.
my argument may be flawed technically, but I am a troubleshooter by profession. Logic isn't always a good variable to follow.

I wholeheartedly agree. One ground point "Star" for all grounds except chassis. Isolate chassis ground with CL60.

Here is a reference with Cantilopes setup. I cant speak for him, but clearly the for me the instructions I gave above were not followed, and he does not speak of hum.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/pass-labs/pass-labs/attac...1&d=1459177769

I used shielded input cabling to resolve my hum, just a signal wire and a shield that acts as ground. This can be determined if moving the signal wire increases of decreases hum.

I discussed this with Cantilope when he did complain about a slight amount of hum with test speakers. I suggested he put all grounds to one point but later after he installed the amp on his Jubilees he said it was quite. He did agree that one point is what he should have done but we decided if it was quite to just leave it alone. I am a firm believer in Star ground with both SS and tubes. If you do not you may get lucky but more likely you will cause a ground loop hum. I think the hum with the test speakers could have been using 2 different AC outlets for components.

We talked yesterday and he is loving his amp.

Last edited: