Official M2 schematic

What do you mean?

2 picoDumbs suggested to build a first prototyp before ordering a batch. German says: der Teufel steckt in Detail.

I´m still waiting for my first pair of PCB´s for my prototyp. Soldering, assembling and testing will bring me (it is a hobby) end of december before I can give some feedback.

Otherweise, I could start immediatly a M2 GB thread.

Jean-Paul

Joined 2003
Paid Member
What do you mean?

2 picoDumbs suggested to build a first prototyp before ordering a batch. German says: der Teufel steckt in Detail.

I´m still waiting for my first pair of PCB´s for my prototyp. Soldering, assembling and testing will bring me (it is a hobby) end of december before I can give some feedback.

Otherweise, I could start immediatly a M2 GB thread.

Jean-Paul

I have no problem waiting for tested version, always best way to proceed. When ever done I will still take stereo set.

Russellc

Joined 2009
Paid Member
You remember Nelson hints for the output pair matching….?

if not look here

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/281520-official-m2-schematic-6.html#post4495215

Because I was a bit irritated he was so friendly to give me an "extended version"…… THX Nelson!

"The numbers are get have about 1 volt more Vgs (about 5V) for P channel FQA12P20
vs about 4V for FQA19n20c at 1 amp (cold). That is why you see the trim pot on the
top side for the DC offset.

"The transconductance of the N type is a little higher, but in practice I see a consistent
3rd harmonic character, so it’s not much higher.

There are better parts out there, although my favorites would be the Toshiba 2SK1530
and 2SJ201. If you look them up you will see why, but they are discontinued."

hope sharing Nelsons words is no sacrilege in this case….. :)

Joined 2009
Paid Member

Attachments

• SJ:SK.jpg
    SJ:SK.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 1,099