Official M2 schematic

There is one thing you should not about shipping. There are usually to tax categories. One is applied when shipping is done by the shipment services cell which is used as main the country of departure and another bigger rate for the other shipping services.

I.e if you are shipping from UK using royal mail the tax threshold would be higher and the tax lower. While if UPS is used from UK. For example this is applicable for Russia. Than threshold is lower and tax higher.

For SG for example the total taxable value includes shipping and insurance

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

OK, transformers ordered from EDCOR, they tell me several orders for these have been made the past couple of weeks!

Russellc

I ordered a small bunch this weekend even though I own a First Watt M2 (which I'm keeping), partly to see if what I build comes close, and also to experiment using this as the output stage for a DAC, one of several designs I am comparing, including B1 buffer based SK filters... that said, the frequency response of the transformer should filter out the 11-22 Mhz DSD128/256 clock nicely.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I ordered a small bunch this weekend even though I own a First Watt M2 (which I'm keeping), partly to see if what I build comes close, and also to experiment using this as the output stage for a DAC, one of several designs I am comparing, including B1 buffer based SK filters... that said, the frequency response of the transformer should filter out the 11-22 Mhz DSD128/256 clock nicely.

It will be interesting to see how Diy M2 compares to factory M-2.

Russellc

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I have heard both....

original and a self made clone with dual mono configuration.

The clone had the better bass due to the double PSU.

Besides this there was no important audible difference.

I think the M2 is one of the diy builds that can come very close to the original.

This was for instance not the case with the J2.

I have heard both....

original and a self made clone with dual mono configuration.

The clone had the better bass due to the double PSU.

Besides this there was no important audible difference.

I think the M2 is one of the diy builds that can come very close to the original.

This was for instance not the case with the J2.

The J2 you built, was it from a good schematic or one based on guesstimation. I know the J2 schemtic has not been published by NP at least not to the best of my knowledge.