To Mr. Nelson Pass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mr. Nelson Pass,

Learning from this forum and your sites, I just have to ask you a question.
You have written so much valuable articles, publishing your own design in the net (even your commercial unit). So many of the DIYers thanks you for your generous information.
While some of the "loaded" guys in this same forum is quite secretive about their abilities, not to mention their not-willingness to share their tips or designs. It is very contrary to your behavior.
Maybe this is why there is a section of "Pass Lab" on this very diyaudio.com.
But you also often writes that you have patents and many attorneys, while at the same moment you are still passing your knowledge and designs to DIYers. Does just to knowing that other people are happy with your helps and designs worths so much, that you are willing to share your commercial designs?
How do you feel when your commercial units are successfull in the market, while you are still enjoying the forum with DIYers (maybe who couldn't buy your commercial products) in the world of audio electronics ?

indeed

lumanauw said:
Mr. Nelson Pass,
How do you feel when your commercial units are successfull in the market, while you are still enjoying the forum with DIYers (maybe who couldn't buy your commercial products) in the world of audio electronics ?

Interesting to, once in a while, reflect on the man's influence on audio and diy inside and outside the USA. Truly remarkable is what I call him.

I do not know Mr Pass but i do know baron Eduard-Jean Empain, a man with an enormous vision in another field as did his family a century ago.
I would find Mr. Pass comparable to Empain, a man who, after a terrible kidnapping ordeal, told me: there are only 3 things in life which are important " a wife at your side, a glass of wine, preferably Petrus, and listening to the Violin Concerto of Beethoven and you can set the importance any way you want it".
I think that Mr. Pass has evolved as well into a gentil homme, enjoying finer and simple things in life.

Jean-Pierre

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Artist...??? No!

He informs us of all his knowledges, but at the same time he already has new things in his hand that we do not know yet. I think that he must be living with his own everlasting R&D, e.g. even during enjoying wine and sex. Mustbe hahaha...

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: indeed

uvodee said:
I would find Mr. Pass comparable to Empain, a man who, after a terrible kidnapping ordeal, told me: there are only 3 things in life which are important " a wife at your side, a glass of wine, preferably Petrus, and listening to the Violin Concerto of Beethoven and you can set the importance any way you want it".

Make that Zappa, Glass, or Goldfrapp. :cool:

Speaking of Glass. Has anybody else tried to listen to the soundtrack for "Koyanisqaatsi" (sp?) or "Powasqaatsi" (sp?) using the Zen? These movies will bore the heck out of anybody who wants a plot, and a resolution, in 30 (or 90) minutes. But these are twenty+ year old, mind-blowing, visual treats for anybody with a little patience (and the ability to suspend political orientation). Mr. Glass' score for each is very nicely rendered by my ZenV4, and, I am sure, by any number of its topological brothers (sisters?).

:D

Larry Wright
Seattle area

Is this Mr. Nelson Pass?
From its picture, he looks like PRR.
Wanted to see the loaded guys pictures. What is Mr. John Curl, Mr. PRR (whats his name?), Mr. G Rollins, Mr. Robert Zeff, and what products they are in. Anyone has potrait picture?

Attachments

• npass01.jpg
    npass01.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,087
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.