Questions about the Aleph 5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
please refer to the attached schematic.

capacitor in parallel to all zener diodes

Attachments

• A5 original.PNG
    A5 original.PNG
    52.2 KB · Views: 234
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
don't do that with xformer

find and read Quasimodo and Cheapomodo threads here

if you are not sure in what you're doing , better don't do anything

this table is good , but as semi-patch , not proper one , made after adequate test:

Attachments

• cap-on-the-ac-side-of-a-rectifier.jpg
    cap-on-the-ac-side-of-a-rectifier.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 175
Hello ZM,

PCB development is in progress, I finally decided for the traditional 2 layers!

question about the output devices (IRFP240):

- the original design has 3 paralleled devices while the modified M10 has 4 in parallel. is there any advantage to have 4 instead of 3?

- power transformer output voltage question, would it be possible to have 2x26Vac as secondary?
- 26x1.41=36.7 - 1.4 =35.3Vdc
the original A5 asks for ±34Vdc voltage rails. don't think an addition volt and a half would be a pain.

thank you

Attachments

• M10.png
    M10.png
    322.7 KB · Views: 115
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
more output pairs , if you don't change anything - more heat and more grunt on 4R speakers

don't forget to alter current sense resistor group , according to number of mosfets .... in fact - that's already done on that schm you posted

for 34Vdc rails , compute AC as DC/1.25

so around 28Vac

1.41 is for lightly or non- loaded rectification/filter

Hello Diegod,

I just noticed your questions about Aleph 5 and thought I'd add my two cents because I built a set of amps similar to what you're investigating.

I built a pair of Aleph 5 mono's with 4 outputs instead of the normal sets of 3. I've biased them up a bit and have them at 600mA per device on 33VDC rails. I'm using an Antek 500VA - 25V X 2 transformer in each mono amp. My incoming AC voltage is a bit high here at 125VAC so I get a little bump on the rails of my amps. If it was more normal at 115 -120VAC then my DC rails would be < 32VDC.

I recently went through the amps and installed SJ313's for the diff pairs and cleaned a few other problems up. I posted some info about the amps with some measurements here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.