Questions about the Aleph 5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello and sorry Zen Mod, I had not looked at my message.
actually evolved to the technoligie 5 and aleph is little to be more topical. I realized some years ago a hybrid amplifier class A based on irf 150, so I know the sound. I like the babelfish and his mount is tried and healthy.

I read the thread and I'm very interested. I do not have all my answers but I'll order a package.

A very fast for later

And finally to complete my original idea, I realized the aleph 5. In 2016 the ZEN Mod !!!
PicoDumbs here are a few detected, measures for sets of irf 240, between 661 mV and 587 mV across resistors 1 ohm, 1.8A by rail. Speaker out 0,018 volts without load.
Do you think useful to install protection for speaker?
(some photos shortly) :)

Come and join the ABFAB community. No need to install speaker protection.
You could test for voltage spikes/thumps across an 8 Ohm resistor at power on and power off before connecting you're precious speakers for the first time if you are worried.
Now take some pictures.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I've been struggling with one channel of my A-5.
Can't get is stable at a acceptable offset level.
Left channel 7 mV, so good. But right channel gives me headaches....

Can it be that the power supply voltage is too high (36,5V on PCB) ?

Not high ( just lost power by heat ) .
Need check all values (R, voltage Zene ,..) make sure correct and matching mosfet again.

Not high ( just lost power by heat ) .
Need check all values (R, voltage Zene ,..) make sure correct and matching mosfet again.

Because i had it at 35mV, i guess values are okay.
After testing i resoldered the components (at same location), and offset went up to 250 mV :eek:

Now checking for bad contacts. ( tapping on PCB gave some fluctuations).
This saga continues.....

Are you using a 500-1K pot above the diff pair current source to adjust this offset?

Because of one good channel, i'm confident it should work.
I should recheck/rematch the active components.

Last edited:
Headaches, just before Xmas....

Here are some measurements, replacing Q5 didn't help.... (Pass schematic part numbers)
First voltage is the good channel, second the bad one (200mV offset)

R11 : 5,35V & 5,39V
R14 : 4,73V & 4,67V
R17 : 24,8V & 25,0V
R18 : 7,9V & 7,8V
R19 : 11,7V & 11,7V

Q5(base) : 0,65V & 0,41V <=== ???
Q6(source) : 0.61V & 0.38V

Any suggstions what to check ?
I've replaced Q5 with types with different hFE, but that didn't help anything. :confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.