Cubie3

Actually, it was a prose literature quote. I had to resort to that kind of answer - i know that you know what caps in feedback loop do, and even if you didn't, it's written in post #1 (third paragraph from the bottom, last sentence).

Aham, sorry, didn`t see the line, it looked to me like voltage divider... Have you listened to compare to some other kinds of compensation, there could be audible differences, or you just made it not to ring on square waves?

I would not use the word "compensation" - there is nothing to compensate for, the amp is stable without those caps. I put them in routinely, as a precaution, to limit the bandwidth (usually a flat freq. response up to about 100kHz provides a flat phase response to at least 20kHz which is what I aim for).
So, with or without those caps, no change in sound here.

Those amps which will turn into oscillators without some compensation scheme tend to show change in sound with different compensation types. So yes, in many cases careful approach and extensive testing in this area (or any other) pays dividends.

I would not use the word "compensation" - there is nothing to compensate for, the amp is stable without those caps. I put them in routinely, as a precaution, to limit the bandwidth (usually a flat freq. response up to about 100kHz provides a flat phase response to at least 20kHz which is what I aim for).
So, with or without those caps, no change in sound here.

Those amps which will turn into oscillators without some compensation scheme tend to show change in sound with different compensation types. So yes, in many cases careful approach and extensive testing in this area (or any other) pays dividends.

Ok, so any reason, why not to limit bandwidth with the input filter instead? Tried that? I`m just "comparing notes", to see does your experience matches mine :) (I use similar circuit in my amp).
Cheers, Borko.

I can send pictures if you`re interested, but not the circuit.

Even if you did share the circuit, people aren't going to be standing in line to build or clone it. Unless it's a really simple design that can be built point-to-point, there's always the big obstacle of designing a PCB for it--something most people aren't going to attempt.

Also as you already know...what may be a great-sounding amplifier to you may not sound so good to others.

You tell me. I don't get it - you have a revolutionary design, so innovative and great that it has to be hidden from the world and yet you waste your time asking half-witted questions about simple amp, in the DIY forum.

Again, you`re putting your words into my mouth, that has nothing to do with my choice. "half-witted questions"?? - wow cheers for you...

Last edited:
Even if you did share the circuit, people aren't going to be standing in line to build or clone it. Unless it's a really simple design that can be built point-to-point, there's always the big obstacle of designing a PCB for it--something most people aren't going to attempt.

Also as you already know...what may be a great-sounding amplifier to you may not sound so good to others.

Did I said why I wont send the schematic? Did I mentioned cloning or something else...? No.

;)

Attachments

• bond.jpg
    bond.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 944
PDFs from KiCad

Hello Itsmee,

KiCad will generate PDFs in color or b/w. I scale 8.5x11 to 11x17 and they print very nicely. In the schematic editor, click on File/Plot/Plot, make a few choices, then OK. I recently stumbled across it, entirely by accident.

Update: this is a reply to one of the first 4 or 5 messages in the thread, and not a reply to the recent conversation. Thought I'd mention it just in case.

Last edited: