F6 Illustrated Build Guide

I can buy two Block RTE 200/2x18 Ringkerntransformator 200 VA 5.56 A for 64 euros (32E p.p.) or I could go with Ringkerntrafo 500VA 2x115V -> 2x18V / 1x36V Sedlbauer, RSO-825059 (€95). Of cause I can save up to buy a Toroidy TTSAS0500 - SUPREME AUDIO 2x18v 500VA (€184.66).

There's also a cheaper Sedlbauer version which is €65.
Sedlbauer 859780 Ringkerntransformator 1 x 230 V 2 x 18 V/AC 500 VA 13.88 A

Spoilt for choice, but which is the smartest? :)

freebee,

The Tea-Bag power supply PCBs are well made, and have space for 8 capacitors if I am not wrong. As silasmellor has already mentioned, you will need more space for two power supply boards - so please check the chassis size and see if 2 x transformers and 2 x power supply boards will fit.

then you could use any of these two, while powering up , to check is there any DC offset on output ?

and there it must be , sole explanation for burned R4 (ref. sch in post #1)

check output mosfets , replace what's burned

best to remove them both and re-check do you have proper function of biasing voltage trimpots.... meaning - observing voltage at gate resistors confirming voltage values on both end trimpot positions

during mounting of mosfets - proper torque , big washer, split washer , continuity with heatsink check ...... all these are necessary details

BuB = Beware of Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs

:clown:

Can someone please guide me how to check the conditioning of the mosfets? I will desolder them tonight, but how can I measure to see if they are burned inside? Which legs should I measure with the multimeter to check for proper functioning? I checked the datasheet and diagram of the IRFP240 but I am not sure where to measure.

Thanks in advance,

Koos