F6 Illustrated Build Guide

Hi, I'm looking for a couple of Jensen JT-123-FLPCH, obviously no answer by Jensen, instead I find a couple of
Jensen JE11SS-EL but no way to find a datasheet.
Hope someone can help

Vito

Not sure how difficult it would be for you but I called them after I sent them an email and finalized the order over the phone. I can PM you the contact I made the order through over there if you like.

Finally F6 is all done, first tried with BA3 as pre and assembled in the same chassis. Amazing soundstage but noisy due to cramped up space even 5U chassis is less than optimum. Removed the BA3 and everything stabilized. Appropriate biasing, offset around 4mV both channels...dead quiet. Without the pre it sounds a bit deficient but still great.

I am however stuck with a different problem now. The amp is blowing fuses on powerdown...not only blowing them but breaking the glass in very small pieces. I am using a CL-60 on live in, something I did exactly for my F5 and the first fuse worked perfect till i resused the PSU in F6. I am using 1.25A slow blow fuse with 230V AC mains. I am using 2X18V 600VA torroid. The PSU/chassis is grounded via a CL-60 to mains earth... standard i used in F5.

At what voltage are people generally biasing the F6 to? I recently bought someone's build, and it sounded really good. It was running a fair bit cooler to the touch than other class A amps I've played with, so I checked the bias and both channels were set to 0.474 volts after an hour of being on. I brought it up to 0.51 volts and nulled the offset. But I think it sounded better at the lower bias point. So I am curious to know where other people are setting their amps to.

Thanks

At what voltage are people generally biasing the F6 to? I recently bought someone's build, and it sounded really good. It was running a fair bit cooler to the touch than other class A amps I've played with, so I checked the bias and both channels were set to 0.474 volts after an hour of being on. I brought it up to 0.51 volts and nulled the offset. But I think it sounded better at the lower bias point. So I am curious to know where other people are setting their amps to.

Thanks

I`ve biased mine at 0,50something V. The F6 and me are happy with that.

Micha

Finally F6 is all done, first tried with BA3 as pre and assembled in the same chassis. Amazing soundstage but noisy due to cramped up space even 5U chassis is less than optimum. Removed the BA3 and everything stabilized. Appropriate biasing, offset around 4mV both channels...dead quiet. Without the pre it sounds a bit deficient but still great.

I am however stuck with a different problem now. The amp is blowing fuses on powerdown...not only blowing them but breaking the glass in very small pieces. I am using a CL-60 on live in, something I did exactly for my F5 and the first fuse worked perfect till i resused the PSU in F6. I am using 1.25A slow blow fuse with 230V AC mains. I am using 2X18V 600VA torroid. The PSU/chassis is grounded via a CL-60 to mains earth... standard i used in F5.

Friends...this thing is eating my fuses, changed it to 2A slow blow, no change. NP schematic is 1.25A for 230V operation. 25th replacement in. All temperatures on transistors/MoSFET's are standard, amp is dead quiet, sounds amazing, bias about 0.6V both sides...

Last edited: