UGS-muse preamp GB

Well all the past years in the Christmas period I visited my family members and all that kind of stuff you do in the period which mainly is socializing, I guess you all know and did the same.
Since this is the first year when everything will be closed and the relatives will not be so happy to see you at their door I planned to go ahead and do a bit of soldering for the preamp just to forget about the period which we go through.
This is the reason which made me to be a bit pushy and impatient, hope you understand me and accept my apologies.

They are here...
I can't test the second encoder because the optical encoder is still in the hands of ups. They blame snow for the delay ... Go figure.
As soon as I get them I can test my whole contraption and then... If someone needed i can give Gerber's for both the adapters and the ring light.

I trust stone for the functional test of the second encoder.. i didn't see that delay coming. So on that matter I have no feedback. Other than that... Everything else seems to run pretty smoothly. 20201202_135744.jpg

Joined 2018
Paid Member
For those who will use the PSU substitute, 2 things for now.
1- Be sure that you have the Hammond transformers pins straight, it is very tight when you put those in the PCB holes. Looks like the pins are a little bit bigger than in the datasheet.
2- If you use J113 instead of PF5102 Jfet, check the IDDS of each and adapt the signal resistor value of each (R4 R7 R8)
see:https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pow...ultrabib-shunt-regulator-156.html#post5830413
Also for the snubber parts, i will find the best value for the Hammond Transformer we use with my Quasimodo Board and will post the results.

Alex, i have finally managed to get the second encoder.

20201205_103323.jpg

fw 2.99, all settings erased.

Something popped out :

1. editing a name ( input, output or message ) is a nightmare... i didn't get how to advance by a character nor how to end the typing. double press for exit on the source don't work reliably when in string edit mode.

2. if i select /16 on the source encoder works for the current "session".
i have also saved on the bank1 and restored from it. If i power off, then on again, it doesn't reload that specific setting.
tested also with a /8, and same happens.
I use divider also for the menu navigation... but that works as expected.

encoder used is optical EM14 32CPR

Last edited:
20201205_110348.jpg

The pcb splitter and the source/volume ring fading light works fine. Just a minor overlook over a resistor placement on the splitter, easily fixable, already doing a re-run on them to be able to guarantee a smooth operation for whom will decide to adopt it.
(if you look at the photo, don't mind the led placement on the encoder support board, they are placed temporarly, i still waiting for the right ones :) )

20201205_110415.jpg

And as a closing note, progress made also on the back panel.
Still missing all the anodization on the parts i have milled, but finally i can see the light at the end of the tunnel :D:D

Another thing related, that may someone needs for a more integrated build.

I've made an ultra-compact ultra-bib 1.3 for my special needs.

ultrabib_Compact.PNG dimension.PNG

As you can see dimension are pretty shrunk, only under-mounted fets. High specs cap place holder.

Other than than, is yet another rendition of the ultrabib 1.3 with all smd components.

on the way to me from JLC. when they arrive and tested, as always i can share all the details/info.I want just to notify that in the case someone in the while needs some sort of solution to simplify their build.

Bye -!-

Last edited: