UGS-muse preamp GB

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Thanks Eric, that is clear now for me...
Is that Board included in the kit? i found the BoM but the transfos are not in..

Attachments

• Alim_Implantation.jpg
    Alim_Implantation.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 738
Hi Alex and Eric,
I hope all is well with both of you.

Regarding the board for the optical encoder, my thought was to put a 2-pin Molex KK connector on it for whatever you wanted to do regarding backlight LEDs, with an additional spot for a pot or resistor in case you needed to adjust some. This could be replaced with a jumper or fixed resistor if you wanted. Should support either a straight or angled Molex KK 7-pin connector (0.100" or 2.54 spacing).

I completed 2 of the uC boards (1 for my French friend, who sent me the PCBs). Loaded them up with the latest firmware (2.9.6). Here is one of them. They both came right up, easy firmware load.

Attachments

• IMG_1891.jpg
    IMG_1891.jpg
    749.3 KB · Views: 584
  • bourns_board.png
    bourns_board.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 510
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the details. You mean you want to propose this PCB for the GB?
On my side I am currently estimating a full kit weight, we have more PCB included now.
Then I'll go to post office this week to get the shipping cost then I confirm everything and we can proceed to payment.

Hi Alex,
Not necessarily intended for the kit. I thought I would have some of them run for my use, but would be happy to supply the files or gerbers if you want. I was having some troubles in Eagle with the clearances on the Bourns encoder pads, so I haven't verified the board yet.

Thanks Chris.

Let me add this as an option then on the new spreadsheet and waiting for comments.
So I made an update on the spreadsheet with the latest list that is now locked before placing PCB orders.

CG UGS Muse v2.0 (DiyAudio 2020) - Google Sheets

Please send me a MP only if you see a mistake related to what you want (no need to send me a message confirming that it is correct, by default I assume this is correct as this is what I collected from all of you).
I removed all personal information and just kept the country for shipping calculation.

I should provide the final cost to all of you by the end of the week and proceed with the PayPal payment then.

Dear all,

In order to perfectly match the transformer, filtering, ... needs for the Salas shunt PSU, Eric quickly designed a nice additional external PSU PCB fully compatible (in term of connectivity - the DB15 connector) with the existing external PSU.
Very nice from him :up::)
This can be added on top of the existing PCB list. Interested?

49756004972_a62e5096f2_o.jpg

If yes Eric will give me the gerber + add the schematics of this one on HCFR thread where I consolidate everything about the UGS-Muse.
The connectors can be either microfit3 Molex or terminal block with a compatible footprint that is why you can see both on the PCB, just as an example.

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
If yes Eric will give me the gerber + add the schematics of this one on HCFR thread where I consolidate everything about the UGS-Muse.
The connectors can be either microfit3 Molex or terminal block with a compatible footprint that is why you can see both on the PCB, just as an example.

Dear Alex, Eric,
That would be really appreciate! And if possible I would like to have 2 sets (Salas and this board) to modify also my actual UGS preampli.

Thanks guys for your effort...
Enrico