UGS-muse preamp GB

Ah yes one thing that I should clarify about the way the preamp works regarding save / restore as I did some adjustments in this latest binary.
You can save up to 4 different settings of the preamp.
Saving a setting does not mean that the preamp will start with it.
The preamp will always start with the default settings until you restore a previous saved configuration.
Then once restored the preamp will boot on that one rather than the default settings.
Regardless the restored configuration it is always possible to boot on any of the 4 saved configuration by long pressing switch 1 to 4 when the preamp is off.
If no configuration was saved before then you will see the led blinking quickly to tell you that there is nothing there and the preamp will stay off.

Last, if you see a corrupted display for some reason (that I would not explain since your eeprom should be new and blank) then just enter the configuration menu that will display well and erase all settings. After that everything will be all fine.

Hello,
Any encoder should work regardless the number of steps with the way I implemented the software.
I am doing basic denounce on that portion as I am using an optical encoder which does not need it but do let me know if mechanical ones produces glitches and I may work on something more robust.
Then yes the preamp configuration menu allows to divide the steps by considering only every 4 steps.

so i can use my 512cpr encoder...
how can sensitivity will not be affected ?

thanks

Last edited:
so i can use my 512cpr encoder...
how can sensitivity will not be affected ?

thanks

Yes you can. As long as it uses quadrature phase shift encoder it will work, I am decoding every edge on A/B channels.
But 512 is a high resolution, you will have big changes for a slight rotation. The divider might help in your case and dividing by 4 maybe not enough.
Maybe you can try a lower resolution.
In the end it is a matter of user preference, if you like big changes for a slight rotation then it is fine.

Alright guys, I'm just missing confirmation and info from two people.

Monday morning I will freeze GB call and start preparation to collect the money.

We will proceed only with PayPal otherwise it will be too complicated to managed for me.
As we did for the pcb GB, you will be asked to pay the hardware first and I will communicate the shipping fees later.

Alex

I finished the software upgrade and fixed all the issues related to the VFD.
I just added as well a new menu allowing to swap the encoder direction, will prevent to force you swapping the encoder channels, all is done in software, clean and easy.

So to summarize for this version 2.98
- New trigger control with latched output
- Possibility to enable bypass when the preamp is off
- Configurable encoder rotation
- Many small display bugs fixed especially with the VFD
- Optimizations

Dual encoder control is not there yet, this is the last one I have to do.

A big thanks to Paul M that helped me a lot tracking all the bugs in the UI.
I don't know if others finished their preamp but if this is the case I can provide this new binary to try otherwise I will wait for the dual encoder control to release it.

Eric06 - Can you please verify the common mode choke value for the digital section? I think the BOM may be wrong. To get a consistent cut off frequency should the value should be 18 mH (p/n RN112-0.5-02-18M) not 1.8 mH?

Also, can you elaborate on why 20 Hz was selected as the cutoff frequency?

Edit Reason: I didn't consider both capacitors when I first did the calculation so the cutoff was 30 Hz rather than 20 Hz.

Attachments

• UGS Powersupply Common Mode Choke.PNG
    UGS Powersupply Common Mode Choke.PNG
    11.7 KB · Views: 248
Last edited: