UGS-muse preamp GB

I am on the list to purchase the set of PCBs. I have opted for option 1 and 2. Are options 3 and 4 needed to complete UGS preamp?
Thanks
No. Option 4 is the original PSU and is set up for board mounted transformers which are 220V only (EU). At least without modification. Not sure what Option 3 is exactly, but I believe Options 1 and 2 supersede it. Eric can correct if I am wrong on this.

No. Option 4 is the original PSU and is set up for board mounted transformers which are 220V only (EU). At least without modification. Not sure what Option 3 is exactly, but I believe Options 1 and 2 supersede it. Eric can correct if I am wrong on this.
This is correct.

Just to clarify what is option 3. It is a +/-24V low noise adjustable linear supply that could be used as an alternative to the Salas shunt regulators (option 1).
With the UGS muse, the PCB has to be sawed as shown (or alternatively you can just leave unpopulated the right part of the board (transfo, rectifiers, ....).

Attachments

• 20200426_105555 (Medium).jpg
    20200426_105555 (Medium).jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 282
Thank you for your reply.
I think I want in on this. But I do not want to put my name onto anything randomly. Is this groupbuy for a set of PCBs or perhaps for a set of PCBs with additonal components, or is it a full kit? (Or is it still a choice between a set of PCBs and the set with the muse components?)

I also know setting a price is hard, but can you guess it within 250 euro? I mean, if the total (excluding shipping) is under 500 euro then at least I have a number in my head. I'm asking this because I absolutely do not want to drop out once I have commited my name on the list.

And what about the software? Did I read it correctly, that the source is available? Shouldn't we put it on github (or anywhere else) then, or just the config, so everyone can send in their wishes and corrections? I would never be able to build a project like this myself, but one of my daily jobs is to solve issues in a program, and pinpoint to exactly where stuff goes wrong.

It is a full PCB set on my side.
Then if I am not wrong, Psykok was proposing to manage the muse chip, the related component spreadsheet is not handled by me.
As for the price I don't know which price you talk about (PCB? Components? All together?). I will provide the new PCB price + shipping cost this week to all participants for payment and order.
MCU firmware is provided.

It is a full PCB set on my side.
Then if I am not wrong, Psykok was proposing to manage the muse chip, the related component spreadsheet is not handled by me.

Well, I got confused because I only could find _one_ spreadsheet, and there are two. One with the PCB set, and the other one with the components.

My question for pricing was only the PCB set of course. But I think I should not join this GB. I already have so many projects that need finishing, and I'm kinda worried about SMD soldering, when having little practice with it :p

(but still, this would be the ideal, never-to-be-replaced pre in my set.. oh well)

Well, I got confused because I only could find _one_ spreadsheet, and there are two. One with the PCB set, and the other one with the components.

My question for pricing was only the PCB set of course. But I think I should not join this GB. I already have so many projects that need finishing, and I'm kinda worried about SMD soldering, when having little practice with it :p

(but still, this would be the ideal, never-to-be-replaced pre in my set.. oh well)

you will regret it. the preamp is TOP

you will regret it. the preamp is TOP

Yes, I might. I really want to build it, but I'm afraid it would still not be done in ten years. :(

Still have a set of speakers to finish (15 years in the making). Bought the B1K kit so I have something that will get finished.
Have 10 channels of gainclone, a synthesizer to totally refurbish and replace all the caps on my CRT projector.