UGS-muse preamp GB

I run a couple group buy for components and if it is relatively manageable yet time consuming with though holes parts, it is not the same story with SMD parts.

In many cases, the parts do not have clear symbo to identify them properly and counting the parts, cutting the tape&reel, then labeling them on the little cut strap is going to be very painful.

Just my 2 cents.

Alex or Eric: a quick question. I'm a bit confused regarding some parts associated with the encoder, specifically R23, etc. In the BOM, it says these are only needed for a mechanical encoder. If using the optical Bourns encoder in the BOM, are these needed?

Here is part of the post from HCFR that confused me...

What is an encoder? If it is the bourns of the BOM
( EM14R0D-R20-L064S Bourns | Mouser France
It is not mechanical. solder the components mentioned ( R23 R24 R36 R37 C26 C33).)

Post: <<UGS - Muse edition - Page 32>> - 30058092 - sur le forum <<Amplis et Preamplis>> - 1056 - du site Homecinema-fr.com

Also, in reference to the possible parts group buy, Digikey has the Muse chips for $19@ in single units. Other things to consider would be the displays, and the encoder for these.

In addition, where are the buttons for the front panel obtained from? I see something which sort of looks like it might work on aliexpress (15pcs aluminum cap knob metal knob 11*9.4mm Audio Amplifier Button Decoder Button Power Switch Cap Tactile Switch Cap|Switch Caps| | - AliExpress), but no black available, and these seem a bit short in a 10mm or 12mm front panel.

Last edited:
Hello Pars, basically you don't need to mount anything with the optical encoder except R36 and R37 which are 0R.
As for the component CG maybe yes only the expensive parts would be interesting to order.
Then regarding the mechanic, all parts comes from the UGS AI chassis GB and were custom made in France if I remember well as it is already 10y ago ... :)

As we are marching on through this new UGS MUSES GB, I had some time working on my design and did 2 renderings.
Its 90 percent there, but final version will be done once I have the kit and can do exact measurements and placement.
Really looking forward til I can start putting things together.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• UGS MUSES ASSEMBLY v1.jpg
    UGS MUSES ASSEMBLY v1.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 365
  • UGS MUSES ASSEMBLY v2.jpg
    UGS MUSES ASSEMBLY v2.jpg
    815.8 KB · Views: 364
As we are marching on through this new UGS MUSES GB, I had some time working on my design and did 2 renderings.
Its 90 percent there, but final version will be done once I have the kit and can do exact measurements and placement.
Really looking forward til I can start putting things together.

Enjoy.

please keep in mind, that if you want to use 2 OLED displays, your rendering will be wrong...
:)