UGS-muse preamp GB

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The muses chip and the surrounding tech is what I am after. The gain stage will be replaced.

...curious to see your gain stage ;) ...we know a lot has happened since UGS 3 but it is still fantastic.

here is something to start you off...have a lot more....

Muses chip you can buy at Akouo ....google it.

C

Attachments

• Muses pot.zip
    656.3 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
:D
The UGS 3 is indeed a bit outdated, it hasn't eaten papa's last treats!

...outdated does not necessarily mean less good in our field MA !!!:D

Papa NP has had to look for other practical and available components for commercial volume production without loosing the edge....and he and Wayne have done so.:D:D:D

When i listen to my UGS3 with the Linkwitz Orions it does not sound outdated, nor with the F5 and passive speakers.......it sounds gorgeous.

Last edited:
I know I know that old isn't bad at all!! A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of listening to really really nice system with avalon speakers and papa's threshold pre and power mono blocks (175W per channel, massive beasts!), 20 years old, probably the best sound I ever heard!!!

Buzz if you have pcbs made for your gain stage I might be interested in a couple, if you don't mind sharing that is!
The BA3 with some of papas last treats from the sony vfet part2 front end might be quite interesting!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ok guys,

Here is a schematic of an implemented one, tested and playing on a XP-30 clone elsewhere on the net....and no there are no schematics there for anything else.

This can be built as it is in the XP-30 as a small plugin board, your choice.

Just build it and you are ready to go.
P1 and P2 are there to calibrate the channels so they are exactly same value!

Attachments

• Muses pot implemented.JPG
    Muses pot implemented.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 1,220
Last edited:
The GB will close soon. It is now very flexible with option to buy kit1 up to kit5 depending if you want only a set of 4 pcb to upgrade an existing UGS preamp or a full kit to build a new one from scratch. Please confirm your participation on the google file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...nSNWkZlYn72N5zZ1sSWQ13ohpo/edit#gid=767699348

There is a English tab for you guys ;)
To confirm select your cell in 'Green', see my own line confirmed for the Kit 2.
The difference between each kit option is also described in the file.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I know I know that old isn't bad at all!! A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of listening to really really nice system with avalon speakers and papa's threshold pre and power mono blocks (175W per channel, massive beasts!), 20 years old, probably the best sound I ever heard!!!

Buzz if you have pcbs made for your gain stage I might be interested in a couple, if you don't mind sharing that is!
The BA3 with some of papas last treats from the sony vfet part2 front end might be quite interesting!

Manuel...if i was you i would get busy designing a plugin PCB for the schematic on my post for buzz.....;)

Will be useful for a lot of preamps.......

Quite a few very good ones to build here....the hassle of looking for good mechanical Volume pots........over!
My opinion i know.

This is not a solution for all but it is a solution for very good preamps.

Good enough to forget the preamp and concentrate on the sources.......before going for the sharp end....:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
... ooohhhh so much fun and so little time........:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
...these are the beers i would have paid you in belgrade, or as much as would put you to sleep.......heheheheheh
:D:D:D:D:D:D

PS: But i am looking forward to visit your magic little corner of Serbia.....promising from what i have gleaned...talking to my other Serbian friends......

C

Last edited: