UGS-muse preamp GB

Remote

Hi,
Got mine working now with an old Philips Tv remote .

Hi Alex :)
Tried another old Philips remote, and it worked :).
From the French forum:

PS: I think moderators are not too much in favor of writing in English on the forum, I have no problem on my side to answer but we should follow the rules.
Could you post next time your questions on DIY audio UGS Muse topic? I am also answering there
icon_wink.gif

Thanks.
O.K , I will post my questions here in this forum, no problem. ;)
A custom made remote, made out of solid aluminium with RC5 codec is on it´s way to me.
It has 10 buttons, which can be assigned as i like. From what I can read out from the display, the following "actions" can be progged:

System ID
Standby
Mute output
Volum +
Volum –
Balance left
Balance Right
Toggle output
Input 1
Input 2
Input 3
Input 4
Bypass input
Input type
Input coupling

Any idea which I should use ?
Kind Regards
Johnny

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
From the French forum:

Quote:
PS: I think moderators are not too much in favor of writing in English on the forum, I have no problem on my side to answer but we should follow the rules.

wherever it is , it's ooking preposterous
denying ppl right to communicate , for ppl not knowing/able to use main forum language .....

on my forum, which is Serbian (language) we had plenty of correspondence on English, with members not speaking/writing Serbian

name of the game is sharing and communicating , blindness and rigidity are root of everything we see every day in bad news

Hi Alex :)
Tried another old Philips remote, and it worked :).
From the French forum:

O.K , I will post my questions here in this forum, no problem. ;)
A custom made remote, made out of solid aluminium with RC5 codec is on it´s way to me.
It has 10 buttons, which can be assigned as i like. From what I can read out from the display, the following "actions" can be progged:

System ID
Standby
Mute output
Volum +
Volum –
Balance left
Balance Right
Toggle output
Input 1
Input 2
Input 3
Input 4
Bypass input
Input type
Input coupling

Any idea which I should use ?
Kind Regards
Johnny

Hi Johnny,

It is really up to you but at least the standby (1), volume (2), mute (1), input (4) & output select (1)? That will use 9 remote keys.

BTW the binary you have is still buggy on few points, I made several improvements, I will publish a V2.4 soon.

wherever it is , it's ooking preposterous
denying ppl right to communicate , for ppl not knowing/able to use main forum language .....

on my forum, which is Serbian (language) we had plenty of correspondence on English, with members not speaking/writing Serbian

name of the game is sharing and communicating , blindness and rigidity are root of everything we see every day in bad news

Nobody will deny and on my side I am fine to write in English as well.
It is just a preference with the right main forum language that's it.
It is nothing about blindness or rigidity as you quote, don't worry ;)

what Is advantage of muse chip over relay volume pot
does anyone auditioned It
does muse chip achieve better sq

The Muse sounds better definitely.
The UGS Muse is an upgrade of the UGS AI which was relay / resistor based and it does sound better.
I had both (not anymore the AI) and this is why I created this upgrade not being completely satisfied with the UGS AI sound.