About possible Babelfish J interest

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well, as you said : "Anyway something seems wrong, sound is very ehh to the point where i somehow dont think this is what was intended, even at 0.5W."

there must be some reason, no one else could blame Aleph sounding like that, when everything was done as prescribed
what you meant with "R1 bridged" ? was it typo, meaning that you shorted R24, doing the job with TP3?

well, as you said : "Anyway something seems wrong, sound is very ehh to the point where i somehow dont think this is what was intended, even at 0.5W."
Yup, you are right
But now that i think more of it, the sound is kind of what FFT of ltspice suggests, so maybe nothing is wrong? But i definitely greatly enjoyed Aleph 3, and im sure it does not measure any better...
there must be some reason, no one else could blame Aleph sounding like that, when everything was done as prescribed
what you meant with "R1 bridged" ? was it typo, meaning that you shorted R24, doing the job with TP3?
Sorry yes typo, R24 is actually bridged, TP3 is only one that sets Iq now.

Okay, i think to be more realistic, there is no mechanical fault at all.
I left it on for a while, double checked everything, in the meantine I purposefully used tpa3116 cheapo amp to get unused from A3.
Now that im back on B-J things are put into perspective, its pretty sweet sounding, very unfatiguing sound.
But for some reason voicing is very notably dark (not saying it as a bad thing, just saying). Bass is deep and powerful but seems a bit bloaty to me, i had to knock off solid 4-5db just to get to same level as before, not sure what's up with that. Maybe damping factor too low? But i think DF is a bit of a marketing thing. It transformed old braun L710 into some sort of bass cannons. I can dig it and explore this new kind of sound.
Anyway, i enjoy it, thank you for your help and everything ZM :)