The BA-3 as preamp build guide

How in the world do you get the test leads on the resistors on the board????? .

One meter across R10 (Black arrows)

One meter across R11 (Blue arrows)
To measure bias. (You can measure just one, then zero offset, the other one will balance.)
One meter before C3 and ground to measure offset (Red arrows)

Attachments

• Bias.jpg
    Bias.jpg
    762.7 KB · Views: 603
LOL!!! Yes, permission is required to turn it up ahead of schedule....the quantum matrix needs to burn in gently so it doesn't suffer a polarity shift and go up in smoke necessitating a delay while black market contacts are contacted for rare unobtainum Toshiba parts....

Actually I was just tired and happy I didn't see smoke at that point, so I shut it off and watched TV....LOL

I'll try to post pics tonight, but we can add another successful build to the list :) Fully powered up without any issues, was running last night for several hours at 90% bias. When hooked up to my test rig of a simple class-T amp and some spare speakers I could immediately hear its clarity and noise free background. I can't wait to hook it up to the main rig tonight!

Yup, that's the one. Machine work was very well done, everything lines up, sits level, not a scratch on it when I received it. The source selector has holes for LEDs but I have not seen anyone make this chassis and develop a way to have LEDs light up with your source position - that would be extra cool.

It looks legitimately high-end sitting on the shelf :D

The source selector has holes for LEDs but I have not seen anyone make this chassis and develop a way to have LEDs light up with your source position - that would be extra cool.:D[/QUOTE said:
Hello soundwavesteve

just duplicate the line selector, one half selects the input and the other selects V+ for the led you want to turn on.
Something like this:

elma-01-2263-800.jpg

Best regards

carlos

Stereo Selector Switch

Has anyone tried the Stereo Selector Switch linked in post 1716? The selector switch itself could be a rip-off of the Mesmerize, but I am primarily interested in the relay operated volume control: 128 steps! Besides the selector board board is possibly available through Tea-Bag if I can get in on a GB sometime Two of these goodies could be used to drive a BBA-3giving tracking as accurate as the builder was fastidious, as long as they were kept independent it could also allow for balance adjustment. Hmmmm, I'm interested especially because I have two BA3Gs ( only one of which is yet populated, but that could easily change,,,.

Hal