new SiC JFETs?

(I was speaking generically....)

Yes, this is a good looking DC SOA. Also, the temperature coefficient
at the currents we are thinking about don't look very problematic.
Its nice of you to drop in, especially for a n00b who just want to learn and earn and golden star :D

Do you consider the UJ3N065025K3S plausible for the F5-F6 series, optimization and biasing aside, or perhaps a completely different architecture to start with ?

- EDIT -
Almost forgot about the SIT range...

Last edited:
F5 requires complementary P and N parts, so it's out. F6 would be a candidate,
as would the SE amplifiers.

Plausible? Yes, but I haven't tried it that I recall.
JFETs conduct in both directions, so drain and source can be "inverted", unless there is a special case. "same sex" as Zen Mod call it. Backed up by Erno Borbely. Ofc I can't speak for all architectures. Just looked at the F5 - Enhancement mode MOSFET .. so that would certainly need to have the voltage polarity inverted (Q3/Q4).

If I'm way off... just correct me.

You would want to examine this issue on a case by case basis.

Some Jfets are truly symmetrical. Many, not so much.
Oh absolutely. Testing the UnitedSiC JFET would first need to happen on the test bench so one can check as many things as possible, perform endurance test and so forth. Something I might do eventually unless someone gets it done before me.

Oneminde

Attachments

• DS_UF3SC065007K4S.pdf
    473.4 KB · Views: 138
Hi.I have found some Sic mosfets UJ3C120040K3S from local distributor.Can they be used for audio? J2 amp maybe? Any advantages over IRFP240? Maybe i can use a pair of them instead of 2 pairs of IRFP240?

This SiC FET device is based on a unique ‘cascode’ circuit
configuration, in which a normally-on SiC JFET is co-packaged with a Si
MOSFET to produce a normally-off SiC FET device. The device’s
standard gate-drive characteristics allows for a true “drop-in
replacement” to Si IGBTs, Si FETs, SiC MOSFETs or Si superjunction
devices. Available in the TO-247-3L package, this device exhibits ultralow gate charge and exceptional reverse recovery characteristics,
making it ideal for switching inductive loads, and any application
requiring standard gate drive.

Attachments

• 20210531_152456.jpg
    20210531_152456.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 465
  • 20210531_152222.jpg
    20210531_152222.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 460
Hi.Mark on ACA forum wrote:
""Because their transconductance dIout/dVin is not constant unless Iout > 10 amperes, which is well outside the range of standard bias currents in audio gear, and well outside the range of standard heat dissipation capability of audio enclosures. It's laughably beyond the max possible current of the ACA power supply and howlingly beyond the max possible dissipation of the ACA heatsinks and chassis.

Here's the transconductance plot from the manufacturer's datasheet ""

Attachments

• transconductance.png
    transconductance.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 257