Packaging unit: 30

Qty. Price [EUR] Price per
30 16.5802 1
300 13.6967 1
600 10.8131 1

Thanks Prooptiki
Its very nice price !
With GB this don't break the bank.
I wait to see schematics for this carbides from Big Guys.
Thanks again
Best regards
:)

From Setron web-page:

UJN1208K
setron article-code: 119329

Part number: UJN1208K
Country of origin: CN
customs tariff number: 854110000

Minimum order quantity: 30
Packaging unit: 30

Qty. Price [EUR] Price per
30 16.5802 1
300 13.6967 1
600 10.8131 1

Availability: Out of stock – backorders will be dispatched once in stock. The current standard lead time is ca. 12 weeks. In case of further questions please apply to your responsible sales contact.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the price is good. In an old GB for Semisouth Jfet i have spent about 50 euros each if i well remember. Indeed seems a problem the availability, so i have asked at Micross also.

Last edited:
UJN1205K in stock here apparently

Got this email yesterday in case it helps anyone. They were the official distributors of semimouth fets - I bought the last seventeen of the SS R100 parts from them and they were straightforward to do business with. Parts were legit. They are industrial suppliers though so payment is via traditional channels (bank transfers) no Paypal nor visa (at least at that point).
Good morning,

Neutron are pleased to announce that we now have USCi Silicon Carbide Diodes and Mosfets available from stock.

United Silicon Carbide - high efficiency SiC power devices and sevices, JFET supplier

Diodes Transistors
UJ2D1205 UJN1205K
UJ2D1210 UJN1208K
UJ2D1215
UJ2D1220
UJ2D1230
UJD06506T
UJD06510T
UJD1210T

Please find our contact details below, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Annie Ewin
Neutron LLP
Delta House
Unit T3, Fircroft Way
Edenbridge
Kent TN8 6EL

T: +44 (0)1732 868646
F: +44 (0)1732 863514

Joined 2000
Paid Member
These are not J-FETS unfortunately.
Product Information

??:scratch1:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•Continuous Drain Current Id: 10A
•Drain Source Voltage Vds: 1.2kV
•No. of Pins: 3
•Operating Temperature Min: 175°
•Power Dissipation Pd: 91W
•SVHC: No SVHC (16-Dec-2013)
•Transistor Case Style: TO-247AB
•Transistor Type: JFET

Astute observation. This is a SiC Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT). Ranbir Singh, the founder and chief cut up of GeneSiC has been trying to "disguise" this part as anything but a BJT for years. He seems to be trying to introduce maximum confusion. In the Mouser link to a similar part it is described as "MOSFET SiC Supr Jnctn Trans" where Supr Jnctn = "super junction" transistor.

I think Ranbir intended to associate his technology with the "super junction" class of silicon MOSFETs to deflect concern about the problems with bipolar transistors in SiC. But please don't be fooled, this part is NOT a MOSFET or a JFET. When I asked him about the name he didn't really have a good answer except "marketing." I watched Dan Kinzer, who is a well respected silicon power MOSFET expert that is now hawking SiC BJTs for Fairchild, joke Ranbir about "super junction" at a conference two years ago. The whole room broke into laughter. Moral of the story? Sometimes it's hard to come up with those clever brand names. :RIP:

It's interesting that the data sheet for the GA20JT12-247, roughly comparable to the R100, is filled with TBD, but it includes an entry for DC Current Gain or "beta" (value also TBD but BF = 100 in the Spice model at the end of the data sheet). Nobody selling a MOSFET or JFET would EVER put beta in a data sheet. Beta is for BJTs, which Ranbir admitted this part is when Dan asked him in public. I haven't heard the super junction term used much since and I notice that the datasheet omits the phrase "super junction." But on p. 6 you can see "SJT" in the gate drive section.

Does that mean the GA20JT12-247 can't replace the fine SemiSouth JFET in Pass amplifiers? Maybe, maybe not. You can try it, but based on pricing on Mouser for other available parts, I speculate that the 70 mOhm part, when available, won't be cheaper than a SemiSouth JFET and I can still get you those.

That Ranbir, what a comedian!!

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your detailed explanation.
You know I'm not an electronics guru, so I thought this would be replacement for R100.
Maybe it is forgivable me, because I have found it as JFET on Farnell site:

SIC JUNCTION TRANS, 1.2KV, 20A, TO-247AB
Transistor Type: JFET

And yes, twice the price.
Regards,
Gyuri

Never mind, I also thought these are J-FETs.

. . . Let's see if we can organize a small group of purchase. :) :2c:

The datasheet of the USCi power JFET is already very interesting on its own, 1200V, stable VP, depletion, nice transfer characteristic and negative thermal coefficient at any current.
I think it is most logical for somebody living in the USA to organize the GB.
Hello Tea-Bag, interested in organizing one for us? Or maybe somebody else state side?