new SiC JFETs?

March 14, 2014 - United Silicon Carbide Inc. releases Best In Class 1200V SiC JFET Transistor
United Silicon Carbide Inc. (USCi), releases its portfolio of 1200V Silicon Carbide JFET product in die form and TO247 packages. The breakthrough United Silicon Carbide xJ series of 1200V JFET's are the industry's lowest RDS(on) SiC transistor device. This market milestone for silicon carbide enables best in class converter and inverter system efficiency through incorporating the lowest figure of merit ( FOM) switch commercially available. The depletion mode xJ JFET series takes advantage of silicon carbide's significantly superior performance over silicon, offering the user the best wide bandgap switch at standard 175°C Tj max. When appropriately packaged, the xJ series is capable of operating at temperatures of 250°C and beyond.

Designed to achieve best in class system efficiency, improved thermal characteristics and industry leading FOM – the xJ series enable the most efficient switching solutions for both power discrete and power module applications.

United Silicon Carbide - USCi News

and also: CoolSiC? 1200V SiC JFET & Direct Drive Technology - Infineon Technologies

Although designed for switching applications, they seem closer to SIT that other SIC devices recently introduced.

The output characteristics shown in the document are for high currents and it is noted clearly that they are pentode-like curves, but may be that for much lower current levels (around 2-3 A) they may have a shape similar to that of the triodes.

Hope that should be checked as soon as possible.
The most promising for our purposes seems to be the smallest.

Let's see if we can organize a small group of purchase. :) :2c:

Attachments

• UJN1205K.pdf
    564.3 KB · Views: 654
  • UJN1208K.pdf
    577.4 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Take my name for the GB. Please

Although designed for switching applications, they seem closer to SIT that other SIC devices recently introduced.

The output characteristics shown in the document are for high currents and it is noted clearly that they are pentode-like curves, but may be that for much lower current levels (around 2-3 A) they may have a shape similar to that of the triodes.

Hope that should be checked as soon as possible.
The most promising for our purposes seems to be the smallest.

Let's see if we can organize a small group of purchase. :) :2c:

Buon giorno.
Please take in mind my name for future GB or sucedaneous

What is price of this SIC devices in $ :2c::2c: or :treasure: ?

greetings
:):wrench:

Hi Dady
What about price of SIC's transistors ?
Yes i am to see what future bring ?
Best regards

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 2,194
Last edited:
Hi Dady !
Some times is afordable priced old wood staff and we can give them second life like amp box.
In big metal ball on down side we can put 1000 VA toroid and wires windings inside the pipe :D
Old elegant aestetic & modern SIC class A sound !
Just dream today but maybe tommorow i do.
Your SIC supply and cost please ?

Last edited: