F5Turbo Illustrated Build Guide

one Power Thermistor to each 110/120Vac primary.

When the primaries are in parallel the 110/120Vac sees the mains supply through the resistance of one thermistor.

When the primaries are in series the 110/120Vac sees the mains supply through the resistance of one thermistor. Both primaries see twice the thermistor resistance between them and the mains.

Andrew

Thanks for answering. Forgive that I need this explained with "teaspoon".
Is this what you mean? Or must another TH be added on the other side of C1?

Will the use of the thermistor influence on inrush, so I do not need a Soft Start?

Eivind Stillingen

Attachments

• P6070185.JPG
    P6070185.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 2,684
For a 230Vac supply with a 1.5ohms primary winding and two 5ohms NTC in series, the peak start up current is likely to be around 230*sqrt(2)/[1.5+5+5] = 28Apk

That will need a big fuse to survive repeated start ups over a period of many months.

Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Is it possible to fit 2 monoblocks in one 5U chassis as to run it in balanced configuration.

I had the opportunity to see the F5T v3 in two 5U cases this past weekend. I was surprised that the 5U case wasn't as big as I imagined it. Not saying it's small, but not over-whelmingly big.

Just saying, plan your build accordingly. 450mm is only ~17.75" deep, 400mm usable!

I had the opportunity to see the F5T v3 in two 5U cases this past weekend. I was surprised that the 5U case wasn't as big as I imagined it. Not saying it's small, but not over-whelmingly big.

Just saying, plan your build accordingly. 450mm is only ~17.75" deep, 400mm usable!

Ya I was doing some measurements and decided that a single chassis 4 channel design will be much more reasonable if I build the F4.