Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

F5Turbo Illustrated Build Guide
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th March 2019, 11:11 PM   #521
Blitz is offline Blitz  Germany
diyAudio Member

I used some 30mH and came down from 100mV ripple to 10mV...measured in CLC. Actuall Hammond produces nice chokes which do not cost a fortune, I will try this once I got new xformers...I spent a lot of time trying different setups in the PSU with tube amps amd the PSU is what yOu hear, it is all a modulation of what comes out of the powerplug....and my favorite is a FW rectification with two diodes and LCLC wit a very small C im front, just big enough that it will not raise voltage compared to pure LC...you got the fine details of Lc and the nice airy, vibrant presentation of CLC.

What do you mean you must go off of CIP ? This is the whole fun, no ?
Old 19th March 2019, 11:45 PM   #522
alexkosha is offline alexkosha  United States
diyAudio Member

. You are right about "the whole fun". I have other several DIYAudio CIPs on the fly now, so can't deal currently with any additional one. Can you please link me to your specific Hammond made choke? Is it potted one? If not, its flux might be an issue for me and bunch of others guys since I have no must space available in chassis to manipulate with its "quite" placement.
Old Today, 05:42 AM   #523
rjm121012 is offline rjm121012
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the help with my post on March 09.
An additional question on my F5T build.
The Diy F5T boards have a through hole size that allows a max size 20AWG wire for the power supply feed and speaker output.
This seems kinda small to me.
Is this sufficient for the currents needed for the supply and load?
Second question is in regards to power supply resistive vs inductive filter (CRC vs CLC)
The suggested series resistive filter has a much lower series DC resistance than any of the inductive filters I have found. How does this affect the output impedance of the power supply?

F5Turbo Illustrated Build GuideHide this!Advertise here!