F5Turbo Illustrated Build Guide

In my F5T V3 I use a transformer that, according to other members here on diyAudio, will give +/- 41 V DC. This higher than what Nelson describe(+/-32 V DC).With higher power than +/-32 V DC, it has been discussed to change some resistors values. It is the value of R5/6 and R25/26/ R28 that have been discussed. Voltage at the drains of the jfets should be in the range of 12 to 15 V. Using the cascoding formula and 10k + 4.75 k gives this results: 41V/14.75x4.75=13.2V. This is well within the recommded value of 12-15 V. So with my transformer, there is no reason to change the value of R25/26/28, right?? What about R5/6?? Other changes to be done??

Eivind Stillingen

Hi all,

Sorry for asking probably stupid question, but I confused a bit.
From PCB description page I do see 1 PCB kit with 6 bards. 3 boards (1 main and 2 outputs) are for a 1 channel. Now, and in order to create v3 with 100W output, we need to use mono-block architecture.
That is my question: does 3 boards (half kit - 1 main and 2 outputs) are for 1 channel with 100W output?
If yes, and that is what confusing me, 2 output board can accommodate 2 transistors and 2 diodes. I do see 8 transistor and 8 diodes per channel on schematics. So, it is half of output cascades can be populated on 2 output boards per channel.

Can you please clarify.

Thank you.

Alex

Last edited:
Now it is clear.
Oops, I already purchased one kit....:(.
Should wait for your answer.
Thank you.

This is the consent of monoblocks for 100W setup....

Attachments

• Moblocks.jpg
    Moblocks.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 2,258
The boards you have featured say Version 2.2 while the store boards presently available are V3.0. What is the difference and is a clear picture of the V3.0 boards posted somewhere?

Where are C3 and C4 as on the schematic? Is it labelled C1 on the output boards?

Can I fit a 14AWG stranded wire in the OP holes and G holes on the FE and output boards? Or perhaps you can say what the hole size is?

Thanks.