F5Turbo Illustrated Build Guide

Received 4 of these today (3.3mH 14AWG, 0.4 Ohm with 100Hz test) and will install them tomorrow. I'll report about my findings accordingly. BTW, any precision for installation way and location. Any issue related to AC coupling, magnetic flux or inductance aspects?
bd7e786801a5d6e5ab058850c56df628.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice addition to my F5T. I think these chokes made another step towards clarity and dynamics. Last question before I'll chill down and concentrate on real music staff lake my Hennessy XO....
Are these 1R load resistors change sound based type/thermal/inductance/Jonson/and etc...?
I use wirewould type with some inductance - RWR89S. My concern is if to swap them to Mills MRA5.
2e19f9ca3ccab3c1191c64a44db76f41.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice addition to my F5T. I think these chokes made another step towards clarity and dynamics. Last question before I'll chill down and concentrate on real music staff lake my Hennessy XO....
Are these 1R load resistors change sound based type/thermal/inductance/Jonson/and etc...?
I use wirewould type with some inductance - RWR89S. My concern is if to swap them to Mills MRA5.
2e19f9ca3ccab3c1191c64a44db76f41.jpg

Good to hear of the improvement. Could you post a pic of how you attached the chokes?
Vishay also makes a non inductive version of the wirewound NS series.

nash

My resistors are exactly Vishay RS with MIL spec. Same as RN, but inductive. They marked them WRW.
The big question is if that inductance can play bed role in that position in F5T and 100 ppm/C is also not that nice as Mills MRA5 which runs 20 ppm/C.