Dual supply B1 Buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I have a question for you. I want to substitute with a B1 Buffer the OP line preamp stage of my integrated amplifier (a MArantz PM78), inside of which there is two rails of supply, a dual regulated +-15volts and a single non-regulated +24volts. So, the question is:

- is it better to use the classic version of B1 using supplied with the single non-regulated rail of +24V? or..
- is it better to use the dual supply symmetric version of B1 (DCB1, without the coupling caps, about which I've just readed some articles) with the dual rail of +-15V?

I would prefer the second option (considering also that the input stage of my integrated amplifier power section is however provided of one coupling cap so I wouldn't have any offset problems) but in this case I'd have two more questions:

- may a total of 30V of supplying damage Jfets;
- can I use smaller filtering caps than 2x15.000 uF, since I use regulated voltage and is difficult to find enough space inside the amplifier?

Thank you very much, great project Mr Pass and great forum!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.