Luminaria?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I got today the TO-220 Vishay (50W) with 680R as drain resistors

What a difference, a stunning clarity and no more vagueness, no lack of bass.

If you want a near to perfect pre for unbalanced amps I highly recommend it!

Look for a good small heatsink my resistors get fairly hot…..

Maybe I will even buy the Ohmite with the TO-247 case.

Mike you are right it is LUMINARIA!

:D:D:D

Hello Generg....

Think you are on to something now....

But I wonder if you build the Buffer + PreSit? Or only the PreSit without Buffer. And what Trafo did you use - the 2 pieces of 120 Secondary?

Some clues to an old chap here in pre-Summer Norway (who wants a building-project in autumn)! And my FHXL is finished and better than expected.:shhh:

Please Generg?

Best

Olav

Thanks Generg.....

Hi there again - and that solution was my first thought. I run my B1 up till 3/4 full power on my Alp12P - and that is very good SPL!

But if the SIT-Pre amp is run even up between 1/2 to 3/4 the 5kohm pot will have only a couple of kohm resistance(and maybe lower) - and there will be very good bandwith!:D I think I have 20kohm on my B1 - so it will be down to about 5kohm when I give 3/4.

Look forward to the build (have to get through some health-thing the next couple days) - before I start ordering things!

Best

Olav

Hi buddy,

only SIT no Buffer, my cd player has nominal 47R output.

I used to Chinese trafo with 2x55V I used in Pumpkin some time ago….:_)

I will try to find them….

at the moment I found only this one is enough

NEW Mains Isolation Transformer 100VA 230V PRI. 110V (55-0-55V) SEC. CCM100/110 | eBay

I look…..!

:)

LUMINARIA...! Good news as always Generg
Transformers simple and audio grade :
http://sklep.toroidy.pl/en_US/p/TTS0120-Transformer-TS120VA230-voltage-higher-then-100V/268

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
my prototypes are mostly my final types and mostly they get no case….

"….thats the way I like it!"

:D

Attachments

• Luminaria Proto.jpg
    Luminaria Proto.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 782
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
A,

considering your experience I will do it…… :)

L´Amp like, there we had also the two solution with the pros and contras from different people hearing….

I can remember - was there ( L'Amp) choice between degeneration vs. fixed bias or what ....... here is simple choice - either no degeneration due to cap blocking or no! degeneration (at all) due to fixed bias

some of us are hearing that cap in parallel to cathode oups! - source resistor, some don't

just saying that you're one of those who most probably can ..... :clown: