Help! Anyone in Seattle area willing to take on a challenging F5T issue?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Smaller, in this case, is better than too big, but expect to lose a few. These amps can draw lots of current. Have spares. You already have two pieces of the ohms law equation, voltage and watts. You just need to know the total peak current draw that's safe.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well then

I heard this one is pretty good , as fuse , too

:devilr:

Attachments

• single-metal-nail.jpg
    single-metal-nail.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 213
Sweet little amp case there!

I'd change and increase the gauge of the ground wires on those caps by a WHOLE LOT. Like 10ga would suit me fine.

Also take your ground wires and somehow in that design create a very short "tab" off the center point to connect to, rather than spreading the connections, or having any connections elsewhere, including on the tabs of the caps... assuming you continue with this physical connection method, that's how I'd work it.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Excellent Byrd, glad its working. As we discussed on the other forum, and despite what the naysayers say, your amp was not having an oscillation problem. Things would have smoked if you did. As I told you, Peter Daniels said up to 12 inches with the standard F-5 would be no problem. This wasnt directed to a turbo version, but the F-5 is also a very wide bandwidth amp. Easy fix, glad its working properly.:)

russellc

Excellent Byrd, glad its working. As we discussed on the other forum, and despite what the naysayers say, your amp was not having an oscillation problem. Things would have smoked if you did. As I told you, Peter Daniels said up to 12 inches with the standard F-5 would be no problem. This wasnt directed to a turbo version, but the F-5 is also a very wide bandwidth amp. Easy fix, glad its working properly.:)

russellc

Yes, I didn't think it was going to oscillate, since I built my first F5 this same way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.