Removing Protection Circuitry From F5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I note the following:

1. Peter Daniel wrote somewhere on F5 thread that he noticed that the F5 sound much better with the Protection Circuitry Removed(PCR) i.e. the 2 transistors and associated resistors removed.

2. The F5 with PCR has the same topology as the Profet from France. Looks like the French amp does not worry about the reliability of their amp. Worst still their amp does not have source resistors on their mosfet.

my question has anyone use F5 with the PCR, how reliable or unreliable with this amp be? If I use a DC protection circuit board in front of the amp will it protect my speakers in case the amp fails.

Any comments are welcomed.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
besides class/Iq , Profet is different in one tiny but also very important detail - feedback arrangement

regarding other one - I'm sure that F5 made on Al heatsink will sound different from same one , made on Bronze heatsink

:devilr:

best protection circuit for your speaker is ........ very fast nail , connected on output terminal , when needed

:rofl:

Attachments

• big_nail.jpg
    big_nail.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 361
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.