F5 Turbo v2 and v3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

pardon the noob question. i have been reading the threads on the F5 versions, and i have noticed that all builds are using RCA inputs. is there a way to convert the inputs to XLR balanced inputs instead? would it require extensive mods to the design of the amps?

or probably its a simple mod that escapes me :eek: i will be building one of the F5 versions soon and would prefer to use XLR if applicable.

many thanks!

many thanks for the replies. my ignorance on circuits do show. i have been reading the NP articles back and forth, and i didn't realize the balanced amps he discussed was what i should be studying for the XLR inputs. i didn't know that to use XLR cables properly i also should have a balanced circuit in my amp, thought it was just an input component that can utilize the same non-balanced amp. now i know better.

thanks so much!

regards,
ray

XLR does not mean balanced impedance connection, nor balanced amplifier.

It just happens that XLR is good for connecting a balanced impedance cable to a balanced impedance amplifier and also source.

There are some other connectors that are good for balanced impedance connections.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.