Another Pass "reproduction" on Ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
F5 Amplifier | eBay

'Sure would be nice, to stop these folks....! I've already notified eBay regarding infringements and intellectual property concerns.

If you can't open the eBay site, a partial extract follows:
-------------------
FIRST WATT F5.

Its a great news I sold so many refurbished amplifiers with good client relationship so many ppl said thanks. Of course couple of un happy No worries. Thanks a lot for all good and bad feedback. So thought to do a new thing. To assemble well famous MR NELSON PASS DESIGNED F5 Amplifier.

Couple of my best clients requested to assemble this because these amplifier is on of the best CLASS A and they have paid around 1000USD to get one. What I use
1.Two high quality 300VA Toroid transformers.
2.Eight PANASONIC 10000UF 35V quality capacitors per each channel.
3.All four FETS ARE VISHAY SILICONIX MADE IN USA.
4.Italian made high quality box.
5.Special Speaker protection design for class A amplifiers.
6.Quality speaker terminals and Rc terminals.
7.Resistors all UK made 1% resistors
7.The PCB original DIY audio from USA,

The picture shows the standard version . The next version is with VU meters with back light.
Also Attenuator to control audio level

More information- http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/firstwatt7/f5.html
-----------------------

Last edited:
And so, I sent an eBay message to the gent selling the "home-made" "First Watt F5" on eBay. Here's what I typed:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: rfwa1
Subject: Other: canamman00 sent a message about F5 AMPLIFIER #271205898255
Sent Date: Sep-01-13 15:40:03 PDT

Dear rfwa1,Aren't you--and your prospective buyers--concerned about copywrite and trademark infringements, and intellectual property violations, regarding your marketing of Nelson Pass DIY and First Watt designs? My understanding is Mr. Pass (and First Watt) expressly have made their designs available to those making these amps for their own personal enjoyment, and not for commerical resale. "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And here was his "not so fair dinkum" response:

" Dear canamman00,

Mr Keep ur understanding and Imagination in ur brain. I use DIY original PCB and all as genuine just help to ppl who can not build amplifiers. and I do this as a hobby and not to **** live on this since I am an Radio communication Engineer in mining industry I have enough income to have luxury life. Dont waste ur time mind own bsns.- rfwa1 "

---------------------------------------------------------------

(Isn't this gent a great representative of the audio DIY community, and Pass designs?)

:)

The "ur" in his eBay message extract (above posting) refers to me, based upon my initial eBay message to him (also posted above).

Mr. Pass--I admire your Ghandi-esque philosophy on misuse of your grey matter and company, but it just really irritates the "bejeebiers" out of me. Time for me to chill, with some nice Opus One and a cheese plate......

hi 12B4a,

Who or what is this "ur" he keeps talking about?
:)
I believe if you use the word "your " = ur seems to fit,I didn't know it was You canam,I agree with you !
This is a bad thing but infringements have been going on forever,but you don't have to buy in to it,If you play right and ask nicely people on here , they will almost put it together for you and for free.
Some people don't care, they go with the idea if they can do it and get away with it, well it's ok,lol,
Wonder why our jails are full,:eek:
I had a boss like that and he couldn't understand why people screwed him over real often,lol.He thought it was a good business move to screw them,He fired me,I was happy to leave!,lol.
Best regards,
NS:D

Last edited:
The "ur" in his eBay message extract (above posting) refers to me, based upon my initial eBay message to him (also posted above).

Mr. Pass--I admire your Ghandi-esque philosophy on misuse of your grey matter and company, but it just really irritates the "bejeebiers" out of me. Time for me to chill, with some nice Opus One and a cheese plate......
CanAm Man. The open literature of F5 is free and available to the DIYaudio public. DIYer rfwa1 is mining it by providing a service to others who are not skilled in the assembly of kits; but need a taste of great music. This is a case of diy'ing by the expert proxy of DIYer rfwa1. I doubt the performance of his product amp will excel like an authentic one made by Mr. Pass. A while ago, DIYer OPC had a moving sale to include F5 he had assembled. I wanted it badly; but he sold it to another DIYer in Canada; most probably because of its high shipping weight to the US. Even today, I ask DIYers why don't you sell older diy FY amps you assembled and sit idle on shelves? Nobody wants to part with their FW diy amps! rfwa1 is transparent about his activity and his amp offering. It is what it is; namely a diyF5; a copy which was designed by the famous Nelson Pass. What else will he name it and claim it to be?

he claims to be a "Radio communication Engineer" i realy doubt this. must be a useless one at best. since he actualy ground the amp thru the centerbolt of one of the transformers:D

I think his ears are not the best.
While builing the amp he did listen to J. Geils band:
Code:
CHORUS: 
My blood runs cold 
My memory has just been sold 
My angel is the centerbolt 
Angel is the centerbolt 
(Repeat)

I think his ears are not the best.
While builing the amp he did listen to J. Geils band:
Code:
CHORUS: 
My blood runs cold 
My memory has just been sold 
My angel is the centerbolt 
Angel is the centerbolt 
(Repeat)

ROFL..now thats funny :)

Mr Pass is right....I was at first was so confused and concerned with my first attempt at building a Pass amp but now that I am close to assembling it, every day goes by and I am giddy with excitement. Steered in the right direction by the kind folks here on this forum, it is an experience I will not forget.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.