Modern speakers for J2?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone recommend an efficient modern speakers for first watt J2?

I am using Altec Lansing Model 19. They are great speakers, especially for the money. However, they are a bit lacking in the low frequency (the low frequency texture is rich but nothing close to slamp, and I want both) and in imaging and sound stage (probably due to the sensitive horns).

I am looking for any modern alternatives. Any recommendations? Thanks.

May I suggest you look into a multiple subwoofer setup added to your existing setup?

Wayne Parham at Pi Speakers have a concept called Flanking Subwoofers, Earl Geddes and others suggest something similar for surperb bass in room response.

I built 3pi subs and will use Hypex 180W amps built into the subwoofers. For crossover I picked the minidsp. KISS.

You may even look into the 4pi speakers or the 7pi corner horns?

BTW... FR & OB was not my cup of tea... ;-)

Geez, I thought it was the Maestro himself. :D

Thanks for the recommendations.

May I suggest you look into a multiple subwoofer setup added to your existing setup?

Wayne Parham at Pi Speakers have a concept called Flanking Subwoofers, Earl Geddes and others suggest something similar for surperb bass in room response.

I built 3pi subs and will use Hypex 180W amps built into the subwoofers. For crossover I picked the minidsp. KISS.

You may even look into the 4pi speakers or the 7pi corner horns?

BTW... FR & OB was not my cup of tea... ;-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.