availability of IFP240 in to3 package?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
I have some heatsinks with 6 - to3 mounting sockets on them each, and I was considering using them to make a Aleph 4. Are to3 irf240s around anywhere? I can't seem to find them. Is this not recommended? Is it better to just purchase new heatsinks and ditch the old ones?

Thanks,

--
Brian

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
yeah, arrow has them, but they are $6 each, which is twice the price of the IRFP240...

I think it would be cheaper for me to buy new heatsinks.

How does the matching compare for matching both the t-03 version compare to the to-274 version? Is the tolerance the same?

Thanks

--
Brian

I have e-mailed International Rectifier asking them about these mosfets. They told me that they can make then at any time I need them. However there minimum order is really big I didn’t even want to ask how big. They told me the die inside the two mosfets is exactly the same. Just the case is different. Personally I am going with the to-274 version. If your heat sinks are drilled for t-03’s just use some thermal epoxy to glue an other aluminum plate over the t-03’s holes and drill for to-274.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.