Nelson Pass Denon Monoblocks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found some Denon POA-4400A Monoblocks. Are they a Nelson Pass design?
If working nice are they a good buy for €~300,00 each?! (They include 23% VAT consumption tax already.) What was their original price +/-? Also if upgrading it's components what should change in this amp or was degraded by average use or time and how much it will cost (total) if available for sale? What should I test before or after buying, if not returning them?
Many thanks for your time and feedback. :)

Last edited:
I have Denon POA-6600 monoblocks. I rather doubt they are a Nelson Pass design, if for no other reason than that they are not class A. But I'm sure Nelson can answer the question if he chooses. In any event my pair did not age well, though they put in a number of good years of service.

What a bizarre question. Is there any reason you would suspect this? Why not a Dan D'Agostino design?
No, I'm not acknowledge, just because someone mentioned it in some other forum (it doesn't need to be true!). Many thanks for your interest. :(
'They' also mention that it's not class A but behaves like it. (Maybe A.B type (?!), or what else makes it different from it? it's my question.) I have some interest in amps (curiosity) but my knowledge doesn't go so far to the know-how.

I'm sorry if it was so ridiculous to post in this forum and not in the SS.
Guys, you have been very helpful, I'm on the loudspeakers forum. Have fun. :D

I don't see anything at all wrong with the OP's question.

Seems to me that most people would expect most Japanese (big name brand) manufacturers to only use "in house" engineering designs. Which, probably is quite true. So, that may be why the comment was made in the way it was. But still there is no reason not to ask. All sorts of things are possible.

Btw, I doubt that the former owner of Krell had much to do with any of the electronic engineering in that company's products. Fwiw. Of course, anything is possible.

_-_-

For the PA-6600's I paid $1380 (for the pair) in 1987. Took me a while to find the invoice. Wish I could have afforded Threshold to go with my FET ten/hl.

I still have the PA-6600's sitting in the corner. Hoping that some day I will do something with them, or at least do something with their chassis.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.