INT 30A how loud should it play?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I bought Int 30A and it seems to me that there is something wrong with it. First of all when I crank it to max level it still can’t drive my 4ohm ML Spires (91 db) loud enough and max reading that I can get on display is 63. I would expect that the max reading should be 100. Second when I compare its max output to the output of my XA 30.5 I get LKFS reading of 0.4 for INT30A while I get 1.4 reading for XA30.5 for the same input signal. I suppose I drive 30.5 with pre that has higher gain that the one of INT30 but still I would not expect such a big difference. Any ideas?
Thank you,
Alex

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
No, they only go to 63, as the volume control has 8 bit resolution (0 to 63 dB).

The specified gain is 26 dB, but examination of the schematic shows that it
should have about 33 dB, which has proven adequate historically.

A definitive answer will have to wait until Wayne pops his head up. I will
drop him an email.

:cool:

Joined 2002
Paid Member
The Int 30 has a bit more than 30 dB gain. Should be no problem if the speakers are really 91 dB. Most preamps in reality function in attenuators mode. My 85 DB speakers the pre never gets into gain mode. Of course this is source dependent.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.